Honored Contributor

Re: Your Opinion of the Reviews

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee

1.  I dont see how some of the reviews even get posted.  I thought the guidelines stated you had to recieve the product first!  Yet I see something that says, "havent received it yet, but I know I know I'm going to like it".....these reviews shouldnt even be allowed since someone hasnt received the product, these reviewers seem to post an opinion  just because they like the designer or the brand!  Ive reported these but these reviews remain! 

2.  Sometimes the sizing is all over the spectrum----some say it fits true to size, while others say it's too big, some say it's too small-----  I think more sizing info is needed regarding review sizing. For example as ARE YOU: PETITE, REGULAR, TALL, and  WHAT BODY SHAPE ARE YOU: Pear, Apple, Triangle etc etc...........This would help someone reading the reviews help to sort through all the differences in opinion on sizing  and find a review that is similar to a customer's same height and body shape.

I read the most critical reviews first and then some of the 5 star reviews and try to put together some concensus..................  I find you get more honest reviews if you put a question up on the Forums for the product categroy (i.e. Fashion, Home, Kitchen, Electronics etc etc)...................   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the most part, the reviews are a joke. I don't care if you liked it and thought it was cute---I want to know how it fit or how easy is it to use or the fabric quality or what your specific issues are and why it did or didn't work for you. I try to write informative reviews, both good and bad. I want information not opinions!

Honored Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

I would prefer them if, like Amazon, reviews were automatically labeled by QVC with the color and size the reviewer ordered.

They could make an exception for clothes for the sale of modesty (the world doesn't need to know you take a 34B bra!)

It's so irritating when people comment on the size or color of their received item but they don't actually specify which size or color.

I find this problem on other (beauty) websites too.  They review a lipstick and say it was too light or too dark, but they don't indicate which of the 28 shades available they bought.  Therefore, the review means nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read a funny one.  the,purchaser was complaining about some Capri pants.  SHe said they made her look like a pirate because,of the way they stuck out.  SHe also complained that they attracted everything, hair, lint.  SHe then said the only thing they would not attract was a man!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't read them or post them. Reviews by strangers especially on clothes or makeup are not helpful to me at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I only order items I know that I want, so other's reviews usually have no influence on my decision.

I primarily order WEN/beauty, electronics, kitchen & home goods.

I see too many complaints or other issues in size & quality of clothing and shoes, with the exception of just a few designers/brands. I avoid these.

Reviewers may've bought an item on impulse, or because they like the host, or mis-heard a claim, etc.

If I recognize a reviewers name as a fellow poster, their review has more credibility for me. 

Honored Contributor

I personally take the reviews in consideration and if there are too many negative ones, I won't purchase.  However, I wish more people would describe the product fully,  Details about the fit, fabric if necessary, comfort, etc.  I hate when someone saysm  "I like it so much."   Like what?  Details, please.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I read the reviews and most often than naught get very confused, especially regarding sizing. Sometimes the results ae an opposing fifty-fifty - even in shoe sizing!

I do appreciate it when a poster states whether they went up/down from their usual size, something I wish they would have the models do. For me that's much bettr than the 'click-here' measurements.

Also, if item/garment misrepresentations are made on presentation, I find that most helpful.