Honored Contributor

Re: Your Opinion of the Reviews

I only check reviews for clothing and sizing info.  On other items if there are more negative reviews citing something specific it might make me think twice about ordering but reviews that say junk don't waste your money without being specific just  make m think the posters either didn't use it correctly or were just chronic complainers especially if their overall reviews show most are negative.  I have liked so many items that reviews trashed. 

Honored Contributor

I definitely read reviews.  I look for a pattern, or lack thereof.  Size fluctuations depending on color, "runs small," "thin fabric," "runs narrow," "battery life is horrible," a quirk in the design that was blushed over in the presentations, etc.  I like to see a common story to help my decision.  The more relatable detail, the better.

I always ignore the actual rating scores though.  Those are far too subjective, and often do not line up with what the person has actually said. 

Respected Contributor

I like to look at the compliation of stars.  How many 5 stars, how many 4 stars, etc.  

I do glance at individual reviews, but just for fun. (Honestly, a bunch of reviews saying "this is the best/worst itemI have ever had" is not helpful.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I like to look at the compliation of stars.  How many 5 stars, how many 4 stars, etc.  

I do glance at individual reviews, but just for fun. (Honestly, a bunch of reviews saying "this is the best/worst itemI have ever had" is not helpful.)

I follow the stars too! If an item has a way low rating star wise I usually avoid. Some of the reviews are so darn funny. I read them for entertainment!

Regular Contributor

Amen sister! I never understood why they make the length longer in a larger size. That always turns me off from buying.
It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't even look at the reviews.

Respected Contributor

I always read the reviews.  They do influence me especially as to sizing.  If every review talks about the same flaw - sometimes they are correct.  Reviews basically have saved me a lot of money - especially in the sizing arena.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I read the reviews to find comments about quality, true to size, etc.  It is extremely helpful when the review gives me the person's height and size purchased.   My XL will not look the same on my 5'4" body as is does on a 5'9" model wearing the same size.  I have no idea why they add 3-4" in length to an already long tunic in the plus sizes.  The average woman is 5'4" and wears a 16.  She does not need extra length in tops or pants.  And no we can not buy petite pants.  The rise is shorter than that of a regular.  

@Gram W  Right, which is the exact reason Quacker Factory "short" works for me.  They are shorter than regular  length but otherwise the same, such as  in the rise.  I'm a size 10 or medium in QF pants.

Valued Contributor

I would prefer them if, like Amazon, reviews were automatically labeled by QVC with the color and size the reviewer ordered.

They could make an exception for clothes for the sale of modesty (the world doesn't need to know you take a 34B bra!)

It's so irritating when people comment on the size or color of their received item but they don't actually specify which size or color.

Honored Contributor

I rely heavily on reviews especially when it comes to shoes because we are talking 10 dollars or more to try them on and send them back if they don't fit.