Respected Contributor

Re: Your Best Q Purchase!

[ Edited ]

Like many of you, I've bought countless things from Q over the years. Two of my favorite things, back when Q had things that were unique only to them, are this candle holder stand and this personalized mat(I collect Angels). I bought them years ago and they still bring me joy when I look at them! I have them both in my living room. Marybeth Roe presented the mat. I've looked all over the net to replace it and can never find another like it. I don't remember who the vendors were for either.  I wish they'd bring more one of a kind things back. These are by far my two favorite(and two of my oldest and still used) purchases!

(I covered our last name on the mat)20180324_185153.jpg

20180324_184753.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

With the risk of sounding maudlyn, my favorite purchase from the Q - are three:

First, a beautiful yellow peacoat, I never really got to wear.  My mother and I were invited to a relative's New Year's Eve dinner.  I wore the peacoat, but, upon leaving they unknowingly gave her the peacoat, all commenting how beautiful she looked.  At another dinner the next day, she wore the yellow peacoat.  Again, the compliments flowed.  Well, gave her that coat and wherever we went,  compliments would be bestowed and she beamed (even at a wake one time!).  There was something about that coat and her aura, I knew it was just meant to be hers.

After she had broken her neck in a fall, we lived together.  Right before retiring, I had purchased two Irish cardigans, rose and lavender.  Never got to wear them.  Once at a doctor's appointment, my mother, again looking beautiful, got complimented by the doctor who loved the quality and how nice she looked in that sweater.  So, saved them for her use only!

Now, it's only me and although I still have that clothing, will go every now and then and just whiff it.  I don't want to lose my mother's scent, so haven't worn that clothing.

But, yeah, my faves are two Irish sweaters and a yellow peacoat!

Esteemed Contributor

I can think of two:

A Mark Bouwer dress 👗    

A pair of black D & C Personify Jeans 👖.Some Years back D & C had a line of custom fit jeans based on your own measurements!!

Valued Contributor
@eddyandme, what a lovely post and what a wonderful daughter you were. My mom once told me she never wanted kids, and trust me, it showed. Enjoy your memories, not all of us have them. Hugs, LuLu
Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh.....that's difficult. I liked so many things- Bare Minerals, Algenist, clothing. 

Valued Contributor

My favorite purchases were the ORIGINAL Tova Signature fragrance and the ORIGINAL Philosphy Amazing Grace fragrance, shower gel and lotion.  This was before these companies were sold and what is being sold now are cheap knockoffs of the ORIGINAL scents.  

Valued Contributor
@WORKING GAL, man, I'm so with you! I used Amazing Grace for years, and now, such a noticeable difference and I too no longer use it. Why mess wirh success?
Respected Contributor

I’ve bought many items that I’ve enjoyed but I think my first purchase - a Vitamix- is my best. 

Valued Contributor
@itsmagic, I used to cook for a full household and all major holidays. Not so much anymore. May I ask what you use it for? TIA.
Honored Contributor

Re: Your Best Q Purchase!

[ Edited ]

Travelon

Northern Nights sheets

Diamonique-Tacori