Trusted Contributor

I bought nailpolish from dior.com this morning, and it was free shpping.  Both QVC and HSN have to get with the program or more people will go elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Im sure members of the younger generation are going to flock to QVC to buy all those expensive "wrinkle creams" and devices to remove wrinkles as well as outdated electronics....and TSVs that cost $400 on up.......Woman LOL

@Spurt 

well said.

to reach and get orders from a younger generation, said company needs to stock the products that younger people want for starters. that would require hiring a whole new team of buyers, then create programming that they would possibly watch 15 minutes of. pricing would have to change, and there would need to be free shipping/returns and the list goes on.

watching a shopping channel together is not something all members of a family do, kids coming home from college during a break are not about to sit with their mother and watch a shopping channel.

Valued Contributor
They don't sit and watch anything. If it's not on their phone they don't watch it or pay attention to it. And they would never ever order something and wait 2-4 weeks. Trust me.
QVC entirely missed the boat. No catching up on that one.
Valued Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
They don't sit and watch anything. If it's not on their phone they don't watch it or pay attention to it. And they would never ever order something and wait 2-4 weeks. Trust me.
QVC entirely missed the boat. No catching up on that one.

@jlrbr 

i did say that they would 'possibly' watch. <smile>

oh, have some faith. the year 2040, will be here before we know it, so it 'could' happen.

Honored Contributor

Regardless of the demographic, QVC missed the boat. They had years to be proactive and weren't, now they're trying to be reactive to salvage their faltering model and it's too little too late. They haven't done anything significantly creative in recent memory and they really should have.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
Not everyone younger than the Boomers is a millennial. I’m a Gen-X’er. I far outspend my mother at QVC. Shoes, clothes, jewelry, beauty, and kitchen goods and food make up most of my purchases.

I’ve only ever ordered from the app on my phone. The only time I actually sit and watch QVC is usually Monday nights with Shawn. After my family winds down for the night, I pour a glass of wine and do some shopping. When I work from home, QVC is often on in the other room just for noise. If I happen to hear something that intrigued me, I’m more likely to check out the items on my phone than go to the other room to see the TV.

Younger people do buy from QVC, but they’re doing it differently than the old folks do.
Trusted Contributor

If you are a Gen-X'er you were born mid 1960 to early 1980, correct? I really think QVC is more interested attracting the younger generation ..... 20 to 30 year olds. I am from the "baby boomer" generation and most of the products they sell appear to be for "old folks". 

Respected Contributor
Gen-X is people born mid-60’s to early 80’s so we’re in our early 50’s to late 30’s. It seems to me the suburban soccer mom is exactly who QVC is courting.
Trusted Contributor

The financial magazines (Forbes for example) are all saying retailers are looking for the "millennials" to save them this Christmas. Having programs like "Shawn Saves Christmas", the big glasses, the quaint sayings, etc. is more in line with the "millennials" I know though they would never think of watching QVC and are too impatient to wait for long delivery time frame. They want it within a day or two. 

Honored Contributor

I worked for a Fortune 500 company.  Their entire focus went to employees   in their 20s and 30s during the last 10 years I was there.  They basically threw away anyone 50 and older.  A company needs all ages and talents to be successful and it's sad to see older workers dumped like trash.