Honored Contributor

You were right KACHINA624

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

We are having a major problem with our USPS Carrier....and this has been going on for several years---Everyone in our Condo complex is getting other people's mail and packages.....or packages seem to be disappearing down a "black hole"....Yes, way before the pandemic evenway before online shopping picked up speed during the Holiday Season even....This year its even worse....

We are getting confirmation that our packages have been left with the office/receptionist desk/mailroom----but the problem is the Condo Mail Room is closed and not accepting packages due to COVID....There is someone in the Condo Office since some of the units are for "rent" and they are still showing these units with covid precautions inplace and to take care of COA business too.....but they arent accepting packages, so if there's a package that won't fit in the community mailbox, they are supposed to deliver it to our FRONT DOOR....unless the resident has specified they want to pick pages up at the Post Office due to fear of porch pirates...BUT USPS has yet to do this...They keep leaving notices that the package was left with the mail room/front desk----SO WHERE ARE THESE PACKAGES!!! ?????🤔

Ive had a missing package that was supposedly delivered on 11/19/21--Ive tried filling out a "re-delivery request" but I got a notice they said they were unable to comply with request!!!..WHY????..I tried completing an online---"Where Is My Package" and "File A Claim" ---after filling out the form I get a message in red, "we are not accepting these requests at this time, try again later".................  After several days of attempts I GAVE UP!!!  Then I watched a YouTube video on "how to reach USPS"  it gave steps on USPS.com to come to a screen to request a call back.....I barely hit enter, when someone called me....A very nice person....She took all my info, tracking number, date it supposedly arrived at the CLOSED MAILROOM etc etc....and said someone would investigate and give me a call, I even got an email confirmation with a Case#....THEN "SUDDENLY".LO AND BEHOLD I FOUND MY MISSING PACKAGE AT MY FRONT DOOR !!!--AMAZING!!!  Anyway--YOU WERE RIGHT MY FRIEND! If you can somehow, someway reach USPS the package SUDDENLY SHOWS UP!!! 🤔 Thanks for the info about persevering and not giving up on lost packages......

Ebay is checking on another of my packages that had a mystery delivery to the CLOSED MAIL ROOM....SMH! 

They just dont want to deliver to the front doors and got spoiled dumping packages to the mailroom and let that staff deal with it! ...Gee, what did the postal workers do back in the "olden days" before community mailboxes and mail rooms, where they HAD to do door to door delivery...(and what about areas that STILL have this set up---so why shouldnt WE get that same service!).. I have no problem with UPS deliveries....AND we have no problem with UPS bringing packages to our FRONT DOORS! ....I read where USPS hired an overabundance of additional help this year...SMH!

Even the Instacart shoppers have to deliver to all kinds of areas, one told me she goes up 4 flights of stairs with 4th floor apartments with huge grocery deliveries from Costco and sometimes doesnt even get any tip at all---meanwhile the postal workers make good salaries and receive good benefits....SMH...whats wrong with this picture! 

Thanks for letting me vent!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Re: You were right KACHINA624

Hi @Spurt,

We have also found that once you file an Inquiry with USPS, many times the package mysteriously shows up!

If this happens again, you can also call your local post office and ask them to check the GPS for the exact location of the delivery.  (That info will help if a Claim for Lost Package is necessary.)

You can get the phone number of your local post office by going to USPS:
Quick Tools, Find USPS Locations, 

Under Location Types - make sure you select Post Office  - Select Within 1 Mile and THEN put in your zip code

When you get the results, click on the name of your post office which should be a link.  You will get the local phone number.

Also, file a claim for a lost package.  When it is denied (and it will be), appeal.  If and when that is denied, appeal again.

I would put up a sign for your mail carrier with exact instructions for package delivery.  That will bolster your claim should that be needed.

Here's to no lost packages going forward!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I had a UPS package that said delivered but wasn't.  I went online, talked to someone, filed a missing report, they said "they'd look into it". They said it was maybe on a different truck. . . I kept saying but YOU said it was delivered. 

Chat ended, never got anything else from UPS, and a neighbor down the street delivered the packages.

Point is:  I think it is almost impossible to get good help or people who care. 

USPS carriers as far as I know bid on routes.  So older, more experienced and reliable carriers would choose easier routes I'd assume.  

Just comments. . . no solutions.  So sorry this happens to you!

Honored Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt 

Thanks for the helpful information---there's just one problem, our local USPS station NEVER asnwers their darn phone!!! .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

There is that Smiley Mad

I've tried playing around different times of the day to call.  Good luck to all of us!!

Honored Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

Hi @Spurt,

We have also found that once you file an Inquiry with USPS, many times the package mysteriously shows up!

If this happens again, you can also call your local post office and ask them to check the GPS for the exact location of the delivery.  (That info will help if a Claim for Lost Package is necessary.)

You can get the phone number of your local post office by going to USPS:
Quick Tools, Find USPS Locations, 

Under Location Types - make sure you select Post Office  - Select Within 1 Mile and THEN put in your zip code

When you get the results, click on the name of your post office which should be a link.  You will get the local phone number.

Also, file a claim for a lost package.  When it is denied (and it will be), appeal.  If and when that is denied, appeal again.

I would put up a sign for your mail carrier with exact instructions for package delivery.  That will bolster your claim should that be needed.

Here's to no lost packages going forward!  Good luck!

@JohnnyWasnt    Yes, you can call your local post office but chances are they won't answer the phone.  On the rare occasion when they do, they immediately put you on hold then deliberately disconnect you so they can do the same to the next person who calls. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

Heres a laugh, it's Sunday so just hanging out.  I see USPS truck pull up & the employee parks to truck. No problem, he's in and out of the truck  20 times searching & looking in the truck--  NEXT thing I know I look outside I have boxes piled high🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

38FAF94F-D41E-406C-BD80-7F1E95FF6064.jpeg

Yes, I'm waiting for a package but 10 nope!!!! I appreciate the USPS Sunday delivery BUT not having to deliver others packages ...yes, I know the addressees (neighbors in area).

Being the "nice" person I am - I get in golf cart & deliver to them.

Hmmm maybe I'll get a "thank you" probably NOT🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

Heres a laugh, it's Sunday so just hanging out.  I see USPS truck pull up & the employee parks to truck. No problem, he's in and out of the truck  20 times searching & looking in the truck--  NEXT thing I know I look outside I have boxes piled high🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Yes, I'm waiting for a package but 10 nope!!!! I appreciate the USPS Sunday delivery BUT not having to deliver others packages ...yes, I know the addressees (neighbors in area).

Being the "nice" person I am - I get in golf cart & deliver to them.

@homedecor1 

You are a VERY NICE person to do that!!! They should really appreciate it!!!

And Ive had that happen too...I got my packages and other people's too ...But I submitted a request for a package pickup because I didnt want a fiasco to  happen like it did to someone in our town----A package was misdelivered, the person called USPS and they actually was given the address where their package had been left, so the package owner drove to that person's house and started banging on their front door saying, "I want my package"......I didnt want that to happen so I did an online package pickup request but USPS never came to pick it up---it was one of those UPS hand off to USPS MAIL INNOVATIONS so after 4 days I called UPS and asked if they could pick it up and re-deliver and they came the very next day and took care of it....So if the person whose package it was called, the tracking would have sent them to UPS and re-delivery and no person banging on my door...At least it was a people in your same neighborhood whose packages you got, but the ones that were misdelivered to me were not even in my area....SMH! 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

@homedecor1 

Uh-Oh! You've now been tagged by the USPS carriers as the 'super nice' person on the route that will gladly 're-deliver' packages to your neighbors, so they don't have to!

Remember, 'no good deed goes unpunished', LOL!

But kudos to you for being such a nice person and neighbor!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Yes 624 is usually right on with her assumptions