Esteemed Contributor

Re: You know it's Christmas time when...

On 11/22/2014 mominohio said:

....people start complaining about the programming not having 24/7 fashion, beauty, and handbags!

That may be true in some cases, but there was a time when QVC really did present their holiday programming as if one were going from ground floor to top in a department store. They used the holiday period to roll out every brand in the house to make at least one appearance (either as part of a show or in a one hour block). Some brands have always received more air time than others, but not to the degree it's done today. Lately every time I've tuned into QVC the item on air has been the magnetic flashlight, a fake candle, IT CC supersized cream, Calista hair roller, Dyson, Flash pad, or the bendable toy track with flashing lights.

To sum up my opinion it's not lack of fashion and beauty hours which have reduced my viewing and purchasing, but lack of inspiration by the buying and programming team. I'm not naive to corporate retail operations and planning, so I know this programming is driven by the items they believe will have the highest sales volume and lowest return ratios. To be honest Q's TV competitors and some of their brick and mortars are also playing it safe with their offerings.

Honored Contributor

They are selling PooPouri christmas tree ornaments

Super Contributor

QVC stops selling weight management products and starts selling cookies, brownies, and candy.

QVC sells six little LED flashlights for a $20 bill alert.

The right gift for your mother-in-law is the squatty potty.

You need to have six extra sets of poo-pourri under your tree for that dear friend or neighbor who may unexpectly drop by.

Most of the apparel items QVC sells are either covered with sequins, animal print, or faux fur.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
New Contributor

We are told its normal to hang poopouri on a Christmas Tree

Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 Trix said:
On 11/22/2014 mominohio said:

....people start complaining about the programming not having 24/7 fashion, beauty, and handbags!

That may be true in some cases, but there was a time when QVC really did present their holiday programming as if one were going from ground floor to top in a department store. They used the holiday period to roll out every brand in the house to make at least one appearance (either as part of a show or in a one hour block). Some brands have always received more air time than others, but not to the degree it's done today. Lately every time I've tuned into QVC the item on air has been the magnetic flashlight, a fake candle, IT CC supersized cream, Calista hair roller, Dyson, Flash pad, or the bendable toy track with flashing lights.

To sum up my opinion it's not lack of fashion and beauty hours which have reduced my viewing and purchasing, but lack of inspiration by the buying and programming team.

Exactly... It not that it's not all fashion, handbags and beauty, it's what they HAVE chosen to highlight over and over and over for months and, frankly for years, and it isn't pretty... Oh and Trix, you forgot the computers... Surely, we can't leave those off the list of items presented into oblivion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Everybody(male and female) is getting a combo- package of Poo-Pourri, an Emjoi, a flashpad, flashlights, an Infinity scarf, flameless candles, Mrs. Prindibles, David's cookbook,

Clarks shoes, an Apple ipod mini tablet, D&B Logo Lock bag, Kuhn Rikon polka dot jar opener,

a Berkshire Down Fuzzy blanket, Temp-Tations Measuring Spoons in a Chicken, Josie Maran's Argan Oil, Philisophy's Bowl of Bubble Makers, D&C "How Comfy" Jeans, and a Quacker Factory Sequined Holiday Sweatshirt !!

Merry Christmas to all !!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/27/2014 jackthebear said:

They are selling PooPouri christmas tree ornaments

What? Good Grief!

Frequent Contributor

I would have loved to be a mouse in the corner when they told the hosts ""This year we really want you to push bathroom spray tree ornaments."" I'll bet there were some moans and groans in the room. lol

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 mysweetlife said:

I would have loved to be a mouse in the corner when they told the hosts "This year we really want you to push bathroom spray tree ornaments." I'll bet there were some moans and groans in the room. lol

Nah. They're good corporate citizens and do what they're told.

Plus, their reality and world view is so skewed from 20+ years of pushing oddities in odd ways that they don't know what's normal and what's not anymore.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

.....Jane Treacy manages to insert mention of her daughters into every single presentation, regardless of the product..Oh wait! that's all year round.