Contributor

I know that this has been talked about before but, I just can’t understand why QVC feels it’s necessary to cook and waste so much food just to show you can actually cook in a frying pan/pressure cooker/Air Fryer and outdoor smoker that they are trying to sale. The other day you were selling a copper pan, and showed it cooking pork chops, stake and salmon, and some other stuff all in different pans. (WHY)? Come on now if it will cook pork chops it will cook stake if it will cook stake it will cook salmon. Again each time you show pressure cookers there are 5 and 6 different ones cooking something different. (WHY)? The same is true for the Air Fryer. We are not stupid we know that you can cook in them, that’s what their made for. Also please don’t tell me that the crew eats all the food that is cooked. If one of these items is a special value, there is no telling how much food is cooked and wasted, especially if it’s the outdoor smoker. The next time the smoker is the special value just count the number of chickens cooked. I know that my posting won’t make any difference, but when I think about all of the kids going hungry every day it just upsets me.

Valued Contributor

from what i've heard hosts say, most of the food is eaten by the staff.

Esteemed Contributor

I for one want to see the ease of cooking in the pan. Does it look heavy? How is the nonstick? Are they having a hard time with the ease of the handle shape? How's clean up? And after all the cooking the staff dives on the food and enjoys the fruit of thier labor. 

Honored Contributor

What is stake?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor
You know QVC has huge campus with thousands of people working there, right? All those chickens are not going to waste. Ever been in a break room when someone puts a plate of donuts from yesterday’s meeting in there? If you have, you know darn well none of those steaks and none of that Mac and cheese is getting wasted.
Esteemed Contributor

How would QVC not utilizing cooking vessels to demonstrate the foods that can be cooked help feed the hungry?  Do you expect them to buy the food that would be used then donate it instead?

Maybe this will help ease your angst:  https://corporate.qvc.com/newsroom/happenings/qvc-and-chester-county-food-bank-bring-nourishment-to-...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: You can cook in a pan

[ Edited ]

It is because they need to demonstrate the products.  Most of the food on the tables is probably not edidable to begin with.  It is oiled and shalacked etc. to make it look more juicy and moist.  It sits out under hot lights.

It is a cost of doing business.  It is a non issue over the cost because of the amount they sell.  It's just a deduction for them and part of selling.  

We all have leftover food and it is probably a far greater percentage of our grocery bill than the food QVC demonstrates is.  It's a drop in the bucket.  A few chickens and selling hundreds of thousands of something doesn't computer to a big deal.

You are sweet to worry, but it's not a big deal!  

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What is stake?

Come on..........

Esteemed Contributor

@LikeToKnow   

To answer your basic question: to show potential buyers all of the features and functional versatility of the cookwear.

Why do you assume they cook with the intention of throwing all the foods away afterwards? 

I'd think just the opposite; that staff and guests either eat or take home every last crumb.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What is stake?

LOL  Thanks I needed that!   Bwah ahahahaha