Esteemed Contributor

Re: You are staying too long on one item

@KYToby wrote:

You do realize that not everyone watches television on your schedule, do you not?  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in, checking on the presentations, and making purchasing decisions.  In the 30 minutes you may be sitting and watching a presentation, millions may check throughout that half hour.

As a retailer -- not an entertainer -- QVC must do what is necessary to increase sales and make a profit.  QVC does not exist to alleviate our boredom.

QVC programming -- like the programming of all other shopping channels -- revolves around business needs rather than us.

Surely, they must be entertainers: they sing, they dance, they make funny giggling and laughing all the time. 

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

You do realize that not everyone watches television on your schedule, do you not?  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in, checking on the presentations, and making purchasing decisions.  In the 30 minutes you may be sitting and watching a presentation, millions may check throughout that half hour.

As a retailer -- not an entertainer -- QVC must do what is necessary to increase sales and make a profit.  QVC does not exist to alleviate our boredom.

QVC programming -- like the programming of all other shopping channels -- revolves around business needs rather than us.

Seems like this exact thing is posted by this poster on every thread.  Maybe they should just make it part of the template.  You know, the title of the post, the date, the reply button, then this blurb.

Contributor

A whole hour on the Harry London chocolate TSV? Ridiculous!  A computer - perhaps.  Gone are the days when they used to present 8-10 items per hour.  We're lucky to see 5-6 items, and if the TSV is one of them, then MAYBE 3 items.  Spending waaay too long on TSVs that are inconsequential and don't need much explanation. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

Surely, they must be entertainers: they sing, they dance, they make funny giggling and laughing all the time. 

That and even their CEO touts them as an entertainment entity. I don't know why KY keeps insisting they aren't. Moreover, last time I looked television was still at least theoretically an entertainment medium... Sales is their focus, to be sure, but part of that would seem to include not boring their audience to the point of reaching for the remote... Ooops... too late.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

Seems like this exact thing is posted by this poster on every thread.  Maybe they should just make it part of the template.  You know, the title of the post, the date, the reply button, then this blurb.

True. Like a mantra.

Their presentations ARE too long and as customers we ARE their business.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

That and even their CEO touts them as an entertainment entity. I don't know why KY keeps insisting they aren't. Moreover, last time I looked television was still at least theoretically an entertainment medium... Sales is their focus, to be sure, but part of that would seem to include not boring their audience to the point of reaching for the remote... Ooops... too late.

Toby needs to change his "usual," maybe to the Q is like all retailers, they want to sell their TWELVE items and make lots of money. 8)

Esteemed Contributor

@WSfan wrote:

I agree with the OP. Spending an hour on one item is way too long. I can understand a half hour, but an hour yacking about the same item, customers lose interest, or if they're not interested in the product, they simply change the channel.  I did notice last night with the TSV, they finally put a timer on about 20-30 minutes into the presentation. Guess the host and vendor don't know what to say about the shrug for an hour. It was like old times.

I have to admit i can't even understand being on one product for a half hour.............it usually doesn't take a customer that long to decide...and lately all i do is click on to see what is being presented and turn the channel after finding out......I am surprised they present for so long...don't they realize they are probably loosing sales by doing this...i think a lot of viewers turn the channel when items are shown too long or too much during the day.....

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP.  After a few minutes, I lose interest and change the channel or go about doing something else.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

Maybe just save time and create a macro...

Respected Contributor

Yep, way too much time on one item.  I get the way the Frost Guard windshield protectors work.  A couple minutes would suffice.