Occasional Visitor

You are staying too long on one item

QVC program directors, please you are killing me!  You are staying on 1 item longer and longer this season.  Not once while shopping have I ever (even when buying a big ticket item like a TV) spent 30 minutes looking at one single item. It is boring me to tears.   I can deal with 10 minutes describing features of an article of clothing. Maybe 15 minutes on an electronic item... but seriously, I doubt I'm the only one that thinks any longer than that is just too long.
Again with a TSV I understand that you may visit that item several times in a day and that is not what I'm talking about... 30 minutes describing anything (especially today's sweater, or a Susan Graver top or... ANYTHING) is just to too much.

Trusted Contributor

Re: You are staying too long on one item

You do realize that not everyone watches television on your schedule, do you not?  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in, checking on the presentations, and making purchasing decisions.  In the 30 minutes you may be sitting and watching a presentation, millions may check throughout that half hour.

As a retailer -- not an entertainer -- QVC must do what is necessary to increase sales and make a profit.  QVC does not exist to alleviate our boredom.

QVC programming -- like the programming of all other shopping channels -- revolves around business needs rather than us.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!

Super Contributor

I agree with the OP. Spending an hour on one item is way too long. I can understand a half hour, but an hour yacking about the same item, customers lose interest, or if they're not interested in the product, they simply change the channel.  I did notice last night with the TSV, they finally put a timer on about 20-30 minutes into the presentation. Guess the host and vendor don't know what to say about the shrug for an hour. It was like old times.

Respected Contributor

I also agree with the OP.  Presentations per item are  getting longer.  And yes, it's boring.

Esteemed Contributor

I support the OP.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also agree... presentations are too long on one item! I can click on the channel and see the presentation...then go back in 25 minutes and...it is still the same item presented.  I rarely watch the Q channel anymore...too boring and repetitive.   I understand that they are trying to reach people throughout the country. But maybe shorter, more frequent,  presentations would have the same reach and outcome.

Respected Contributor

i agree with OP.  and i miss that little "time left for this presentation" clock.  at least THAT would give me a clue on how long the presentation would be.  

Respected Contributor

I'm always torn on this subject.  I agree with the post explaining how shoppers tune in at different times so it doesn't matter how long they stay on a product  But, if I am interested in everything in that presentation hour, it can be painful to watch.  I shop QVC by going online, or flipping channels.  I rarely watch for long periods, but once I start flipping channels while waiting on the next item, I sometimes forget to stop back in.  Maybe it would be better for these shopping channels to show the items quickly like the 24 hour news channels.  I like that format.  Once I get the current news I am free to roam until I check in again to see what has changed.

Frequent Contributor

I agree! The product presentations never used to be that long. Like others have said, do shorter, more frequent presentations.