Esteemed Contributor

I'm such a cornball.  David is back in the kitchen tonight and I find myself delighted.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Do the Happy Dance!  Happy Dance!

Honored Contributor

I get the feeling David is like a security blanket for some people.  They're practically frantic when he's gone but if he's in his apron behind the Q kitchen counter, all is well with the world. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

David is my favorite host.  I love In the kitchen with David, Down home with David, and any other show he hosts.  I find him to be so pleasant and personable!

Valued Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I'm such a cornball.  David is back in the kitchen tonight and I find myself delighted.

---

High marks for admitting it !

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Another cornball here.  I moved recently and spent a month in a hotel in an unfamiliar place. It was a comfort to see my favorite hosts on QVC. Silly as it sounds, it was like spending time with old friends. Now that I'm acclimated, reemployed and near family, I rarely watch any TV, but I can certainly understand how people who live alone can come to depend on its "companionship".  David started a FB coffee chat on Thursday mornings. I know it's all part of his marketing, but it does provide a warm connection, especially for people who may be lonely.  I admire him for that.

~ house cat ~
New Contributor

To me it is like getting to visit with a favorite uncle during the week.  Lol

New Contributor

Well stated

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Another cornball here.  I moved recently and spent a month in a hotel in an unfamiliar place. It was a comfort to see my favorite hosts on QVC. Silly as it sounds, it was like spending time with old friends. Now that I'm acclimated, reemployed and near family, I rarely watch any TV, but I can certainly understand how people who live alone can come to depend on its "companionship".  David started a FB coffee chat on Thursday mornings. I know it's all part of his marketing, but it does provide a warm connection, especially for people who may be lonely.  I admire him for that.

---

So true. After my dad passed away, my mom seemed to find some bit of comfort from watching David's kitchen programs and chats.

It was in no way a relief of her grief, but it was a small part of her routine that had not been abruptly changed.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get the feeling David is like a security blanket for some people.  They're practically frantic when he's gone but if he's in his apron behind the Q kitchen counter, all is well with the world. 

I used to feel that way about Law and Order.  I had to see Jerry Orbach.