Respected Contributor

Doing Food show.  

WELCOME BACK, DAN!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Yahhh! Dan Wheeler is back!

It's good to see him back, although I know it must still be hard.  Wishing him all the best.

Valued Contributor

He is a stronger person than I am. I KNOW, if it were me I'd be hanging in the house in my pj's. I used to think I was one of those people that could handle the death of a loved one...I was after all an RN. Boy, was I wrong! My dear Mom, my best friend in all the world passed away several years ago. And laying in bed that night, tears streaming down my face....I finally knew what a broken heart was. 

I am a very faithful religious woman but that doesn't guarantee the strength to move forward. Not "move on"; I don't think any of us do that very well. And, I wouldn't be surprised if he is aching inside. But, work can for some people be therapeutic. He sounded upbeat and making plans for a different kind of Christmas by what he said. Kudos Dan....you are a very strong person and, must have had a very special relationship with your beloved wife. 

I wish Dan peace and the love still there from a marriage of many many years. God Bless 💛

Respected Contributor

So glad to see Dan back.  Dan is a real favorite of mine, and I look forward to shopping with him for many years to come.  God bless!

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit Ms Gemspirit, I know of what you speak.  I'm the same way about my dear very missed Dad.  Especially during this time of year, Dad was very tired of attempting to hang onto a life that he knew deep inside, did not reflect who he really was.  He passed into a much better way of his spiritual life one week before Christmas, ten years ago this month. 

Dad was a very spiritual person, did much in his church, loved life, was a quiet very gentle soul, would help anyone with anything if he could.  He would give us/me a wonderful arm bear hug while I greeted him.  He loved his family, us girls, my 2 siblings, his wife, although things were not always as peaceful and rosy as he would have liked.  I think of my Dad and still cry at his loss, MY loss actually.  My sister feels exactly the same way.  Unfortunately he called it quits before I could be by his side, my sister and mother were there, his grandkids well some of them were there.  It was very quiet and peaceful for him. 

So Ms Gemspirit, I do feel your pain and loss.  Time does heal but we surely NEVER forget those who have gone before us, those who meant the world to us.  It's okay that you still feel your dear Mom not with you anymore but I can (almost) guarantee she has never left your side, really.  She is now your guardian angel who protects you now in her very own way.  I bet you feel her signs. 

Contributor

Welcome back Dan!! 

Honored Contributor

I too am glad to see Dan back.  He is I think out of everybody there, THE best because you can just tell he's a great all-around guy, certainly one you'd love to have as a great friend.

Respected Contributor

I respect any way a person chooses to get through it.  I went back into my routine quickly after my mom died recently, but my thoughts were entirely on her, and still are.  I sure miss my parents this time of year.  I know I'm not alone on that.  Dan has a hard road going into these holidays.  My prayers are with him.