Honored Contributor

@G K 

Although, there are a lot of ladies who do like the styles, you specifically asked if there was anyone else who doesn't. 

Me!

I have been more successful shopping elsewhere, but it requires a lot of looking and paying higher prices to find the traditional classic styles in natural fabrics...and colors...I want.

Personally, I don't like any of the styles you mentioned.  Add to that short moto jackets, ankle pants, high platform wedge shoes, maxi dresses, but not all trends are bad design.  I like fringe...recently trendy about a year or two, and plaid, both around a long time that periodically return as something "new."  But, we're all unique with different personal tastes.  

What I see in the many catalogs I receive is pretty much the same as what QVC is offering. Those trends will go out of style in a year or two...then we're told we must buy new trends or look dated. It's how they stay in business.  

Esteemed Contributor

And the cold-shoulder style.......nope. 

Trusted Contributor

@violann perfectly stated. While I don't personally like many of the same things mentioned by the OP, I find it off-putting to disparage what others seem to like. I, for one, enjoy seeing other women wear whatever defines their personal style.  

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

By deeming certain styles to be "YUCK", the implication is that those whose choose them are also "YUCK".  Not kind.

Trusted Contributor

G K wrote: Is there anyone else out there who's longing for styles to change? I'm so tired of embellishments, huge, ugly flowery patterns in horrible color combinations, fluttery, bell-shaped sleeves, ruffles...you name it!  Aren't there any designers left who still believe in stylish, classy clothes all the way from kickback casual to dressy? I actually saw a huge palm leaf patterned dress for sale that was a dead on match for our living room wallpaper when I was growing up in the 1950's! Leave the ruffles for little girls and, please, I don't want to wear something that reminds me of my grandma's house dresses!!!

G K and myself were referring to the current seasons fashion trends set by the top designers in NY, Paris, & Milan. Theses were our personal opinions of “those styles”

which we have a right to express. As well as you all have a right to express how much you love them. We weren’t even talking about QVC fashions, just this seasons fashions in general. So all the shop elsewhere comments, one completely unhinged comment and the complete rudeness was uncalled for. If those of you get “personally” offended by an opinion that is different from your own, you are going to be personally offended your whole entire life. G K is new to the boards and you all certainly know how to make someone feel welcome. Nothing she or I said should cause this sort of nastiness. If you all wanted to comment on the topic of our discussion of fashion trends great!  How much you love bell sleeves, whatever, but to attack people personally for sharing opinions opposite to their own is just plain sad. It’s a form of bullying people for expressing opinions you don’t like and it won’t work with this woman.

Honored Contributor

Just for clarity, I have read each post here and find none that are critical of anyone’s “opinion”, nor are any comments “nasty”.

Perhaps we might all benefit from re-reading each comment here VERY CAREFULLY.

Honored Contributor

I learned a long time ago that taste enters into what you like and dislike and taste in clothes certainly fits that lesson.  Just as we enjoy music, movies, books which are our taste and likes so do we pick out our clothes. What one likes, one doesn't.

The Q tries to be please all ages and does have some variety of designers.  I am not saying everything is for everyone but at least there is choice.  I don't follow trends because they come and go, I buy what I like and am comfortable in and can afford.  For the longest time plus size women,  I am one, had limited choices in clothes.  Now at last we do have more and I have to  applaud the Q for that.  

You can never please everyone, even me.  I criticize what I do not like on the Q but I also am happy I have selection. Also there are stores out there, on line shopping, you will find something you like if you look.  The trends and fads will always be but I think the classic clothes will be there too.

Honored Contributor

@G K wrote:

Is there anyone else out there who's longing for styles to change? I'm so tired of embellishments, huge, ugly flowery patterns in horrible color combinations, fluttery, bell-shaped sleeves, ruffles...you name it!  Aren't there any designers left who still believe in stylish, classy clothes all the way from kickback casual to dressy? I actually saw a huge palm leaf patterned dress for sale that was a dead on match for our living room wallpaper when I was growing up in the 1950's! Leave the ruffles for little girls and, please, I don't want to wear something that reminds me of my grandma's house dresses!!!

@G K   Since 2004, QVC is the only place I shop for clothes. I couldn't be happier with the styles, brands and quality offered.

My fave brands are Denim & Co, Quacker Factory and Carole Hochman.

Respected Contributor

Finally this afternoon .. Isaac had a v neck t shirt .. WITHOUT a high low

hem ....

thank you .....

Honored Contributor

QVC  seems to offer more prints/patterned items rather than solid colors.  I need solids to mix and match outfits.  Also, I don't want to pay $40-50+ for a tee shirt so I shop elsewhere.