Trusted Contributor

Re: YOU LET THE WRONG ONES GOP

@Othereeeen wrote:

@GloriBee 

I was being sarcastic!!!! 

See that symbol under my post?  Look like:  /s  ?

Means sarcasm intended!!!

I was poking fun at another poster who is obsessed with LR after all these years!!!

@Othereeeen, news to me!  Learned something new!  I have been on these boards since day 1 and I have never seen that (never on FB, either)!  Didn't even notice it until you just mentioned it.  Had I seen it I would have thought it was a typo!  Woman LOL  I use emogis instead to show what I wrote was in jest.  

Regular Contributor

Carolyn being fired is a head scratcher for sure.  But it makes me think of other popular, dare I say "iconic" hosts that were fired, ones that were also knowledgeable, dedicated to their product, professional etc etc.  The likes of Lisa Robertson (for style, fashion, "the cool" factor, the GILI line, home dec esp. Christmas) and Jill Bauer (also for home dec, was designing her own line @ the Q).  And now Carolyn ... known for Denim & Co and home/garden.

Makes me think there's much more to it than just sales performance ... much more to it.  I suppose we could speculate that it's about strong women, strong personalities, strong product opinions/suggestions that they voice, higher salary/benefits w/ long term employment ... even  "ruffling the feathers" of some top QVC manager???  Guess we'll never know what truly goes on "behind the scenes"  ... 

Occasional Visitor

OMG.....NO!!!    Looking for more cuts?  Please consider Studder Queen on Saturday mornings.   UMM Umm Uumm.  So annoying I mute the TV.

Contributor

I have read on other boards that Carolyn was condescending to Gary, and that her squirrel "thing" was tiresome.  Please don't "shoot" the messenger!

Contributor

"Mindless spontaneity"-that is a great descriptor!

Contributor

Emojis are great, but other written expressions also are good!

Respected Contributor

@just wonder 

Now comes Part Two of getting rid of people...WITHOUT layoffs or firings...

Make them QUIT.

SOMEONE has to pick up the slack of the missing hosts to fill all that time.

Onerous back to back schedules, work some shows at noon, others at 11 pm on the same days, make them hang around several hours between shows...pair them up with people they don't/can't get along with ( I don't beleive for one second all that hokey "we's besties"....)

Make them quit.

No "age discrimination".

No legal worries.

And no expensive  severance packages, extension of benefits.etc. Just drive them out.

Give teh targets  a "Performance Improvement Plan" (PIP)...the corporate kiss of death. Made on the basis of metrics that change every week...You will NEVER improve enough, because the goal posts keep changing.

In the heirarchy of being let go..:

Best: Layoffs-you can  still get unemployment and other benefits, severance, extension of health care in some cases

Next Best: Quitting  on YOUR terms when staying gets too tough....after they grind you down with impossible demands and onerous schedules....

Last :Firing... You get NO benefits ..cost the company NOTHING, and "you can tell everyone it's "Someone Else's Fault" you're gone...today's blame du jour.

Think about it. It's like in some corporate offices where "yes you can keep your job if you work out of our office 100 miles ( or more) from here....."

It's coming!!!!

GOD I'm glad I'm retired ( voluntarily after 33 years in MegaCorp, where the axe  swungeth so close to my neck during bad times it took little hairs off it...but I made it...WHEW!!!)

Honored Contributor

@Tazz58 The word you want is stutter.

Occasional Contributor

Lisa Robertson, is too good for the hosts that they have now👎

Occasional Visitor

I would love to see Jane Tracey take a permanent vacation, she is loud and obnoxious

Have to mute when she's on or else change the channel. Does SHE EVER STOP TALKiNG!!! We call her motor mouth at our house. We used to call Susan Runyon Chatty Cathy when she was on QVC, but Jane has her beat by 100%

Also PLEASE GET THAT DAMM QVC PLUS OFF THE SCREEN, IT'S ANNOYING AND 

COVERS UP THE ITEMS, ESPECIALLY JEWERLY

QVC ARE YOU LISTENING