Valued Contributor

Re: YAY!!! KATRINA IS ON NOW.

when she is on I will watch!she has a lovely speaking voice and remains professional in her presentations.She is good at her job!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder why so many hosts get her name wrong? I cringed each time I heard Shawn say it. She was eventually corrected and then tried to say she was thinking of Candace’s brother (which was pointed out that made no sense because his name was Kirk!)

Regardless, Candace is not a random vendor that hasn’t been in the public eye since she was a little girl. Like her or not, she’s kind of a good “get” on Q’s part. I wonder if it’s somehow how the cards the hosts are given are written? And then one mentally sees the Cameron name and uses that for the first name?
Trusted Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
I've seen two other hosts repeatedly call her Cameron, and she did the same thing. Her Hollywood is showing.

The hosts unpreparedness is showing. The hosts should know her name. It is rude to repeatedly call someone by the wrong name when it is the easiest part of the hosts job to know the vendors name.

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@jlrbr wrote:
I've seen two other hosts repeatedly call her Cameron, and she did the same thing. Her Hollywood is showing.

No, her rudeness is showing. 

Candace is not the one being rude. The hosts should be prepared.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I think that the hosts should at the least know the name of the product they are representing.  It is Candance not Cameron.  Seems like if two other hosts also called her Cameron, it needed to be have bought it to their attention with the viewers.  It was not her being Hollywood, it is important to the brand that the public knows the correct name.  

In just this forum,  I have seem Candance mixed up with others by posters, one who called her "that woman" made me think the poster had her confused with another actress who was also on Full House and involved in a scandal, not Candance and she was also confused with another actress who was on Desparate Housewives, not Candance but another person.  Candance was well within her rights in making sure her name is correct on her products on national TV.  The hosts were at fault in their preparation not to even know the brand.

Since the hosts and vendors are on Skype and not in the same location, it may not have been possible to correct her on a break as was suggested as they are not together during the breaks, but I still think the correction should have been made as it was by Cameron so the viewers know who she is.  As was also suggested the producer could have corrected Katrina in her ear but since they did not, seems they also may not have known her name - again poor prep.

Her name is Candace, not Candance.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To bad they did not let her curate items in her show as she does on the Szish list .

Katrina did apologize for getting Candace's name wrong by calling her Cameron  which is her maiden name.  Maybe  it was a real slip of the tongue by Katrina  who often has her friend Cameron frequently  on  the Szish list  .

Respected Contributor

Mistakes can happen to anyone, and Katrina apologized.  She is a classy lady, and it shows that she was brought up very well.  I am so happy to see her during the day.  I think since they hired three more hosts, they will begin to take over the nighttime /early morning hours. 

Katrina should be brought in to do "Fashion's Night In" when one of the hosts is on vacation.  I have confidence that she will do a wonderful job.

Esteemed Contributor

I turn Katrina off. Uh huh.  Also Courtney K.  It's not professional to misspronounce a guests name 3 times.  Also her name is neither Cameron or Candance.

Super Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I turn Katrina off. Uh huh.  Also Courtney K.  It's not professional to misspronounce a guests name 3 times.  Also her name is neither Cameron or Candance.

@barrel racer"Uh huh. Mmhmm" LOL

Honored Contributor

Mistakes can happen, but calling a vendor by the wrong name is a major red flag. 

I remember when Christine Zell kept calling louis dell'olio the wrong name.  She called him Louis Dell Oreo and he was not a happy camper.