Respected Contributor

Tthis weekend it's just constant hour long infomercials!

Respected Contributor

Yes. We need more fashion.

Contributor

YES!!!! All weekend long, computers, Blink, more computers, more technology. Cannot stand it!  Been waiting to get some variety, really ready to shop. Nothing of interest here. Also, absolutely hate it when they put things not related to cooking into David's Sunday show. Nearly half of the show was BLINK.  Every time they do this, I leave and usually do not return to David's program. You are losing customers, QVC!

Respected Contributor

Years ago, I used to love the fashion shows that featured holiday sweaters and the like: gifts I would buy for myself!

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I agree!  It's the same every year.  More variety woiild be nice.  Not everyone is interesred in electronics.  How about some jewelry?  It's always a nice gift and lasts forever, unlike electronics that will break and be obsolete in no time.

@MarthaStewardess.   Simply put, they're selling what's in demand and that's electronics, at least at this Christmas it is.  Jewelry is not and hasn't been selling.  The younger generation doesn't seem interested in it.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

There are middle aged and older shoppers who might want something other than a ladder or earbuds.  If jewelry is not doing well on QVC when it was a prime category years ago then maybe they need to offer new designs.  I often go to ETSY now for jewelry items because I can find choices...vintage, contemporary, zodiac, seashell pendant, schnauzer ring, and so much more.  And not overly expensive.  I recently cancelled a jewelry order on QVC because it was in process for two weeks and my inquiry was answered with an email was sent and it will take another week for a reply!  That is not good customer service...it is almost no service!  I can still find myself looking to QVC for certain items but they are no longer a special place to shop.  I cannot watch their shows because it takes too long to present too few items...BIG YAWN!  QVC may be looking for the younger shopper but their business succeeded with established customers and they offer little to those people other than maybe one additional easy pay.    

Respected Contributor

I think QVC is cleaning out the far corners of it's inventory, lol. I have never seen so much junky gadgets on air!! I have flipped over a few times, just to see what they were selling....3 seconds & I turn the channel,lol. Poor hosts, I would be bored out of my gord.

Esteemed Contributor

The real infomercials have much better production values.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

There are middle aged and older shoppers who might want something other than a ladder or earbuds.  If jewelry is not doing well on QVC when it was a prime category years ago then maybe they need to offer new designs.  I often go to ETSY now for jewelry items because I can find choices...vintage, contemporary, zodiac, seashell pendant, schnauzer ring, and so much more.  And not overly expensive.  I recently cancelled a jewelry order on QVC because it was in process for two weeks and my inquiry was answered with an email was sent and it will take another week for a reply!  That is not good customer service...it is almost no service!  I can still find myself looking to QVC for certain items but they are no longer a special place to shop.  I cannot watch their shows because it takes too long to present too few items...BIG YAWN!  QVC may be looking for the younger shopper but their business succeeded with established customers and they offer little to those people other than maybe one additional easy pay.  

--------------------

I have quite a few younger (teens to mid 30's) shoppers in my group of family and friends. They would not be caught dead shopping on QVC!! 

QVC is slowly losing long time, loyal shoppers and really not attracting the younger aged shoppers.  Maybe a 'revamping' of Q products and presentations is in order -- future could be looking dim.

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925

Carolina, I do a considerable amount of shopping in locally owned and operated stores.  I always find just the right thing and it's good knowing my dollars are supporting my friends and neighbors.  

BTW, is your name Carolina or do you live  in NC or SC?  We live in NC.