Occasional Contributor

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings

Wow.... you are something else.

I knew my credit card with QVC was included in the bankruptcy... I never said that I didn't.

I DON'T CARE IF QVC REFUSED MY BUSINESS.

I KNOW THAT IS THEIR RIGHT. 

I WISH YOU WOULD ALL GET OFF THE REASONS FOR MY BANKRUPTCY, ETC. 

AGAIN, IF YOU WOULD READ MY POST CAREFULLY, I AM UPSET THAT THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION FROM QVC ABOUT CANCELLING MY ORDER/ACCOUNT, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD DEDUCTED MONEY FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST EASY PAY INSTALLMENT.

IF I'M ON THEIR BLACK LIST, SO BE IT.  I JUST THINK IT IS LOUSY BUSINESS TO NOT NOTIFY A 20 YR CUSTOMER OF THE CANCELLATION BY EMAIL, PHONE, OR LETTER (IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS NOW) AND YET DEDUCT $$ AND MAKE ME CHASE DOWN THE REFUND.

FYI, I TOOK THE BANKRUPTCY VERY HARD.  I AM IN MY LATE 50'S AND HAD NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE NOW.  YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR MY CIRCUMSTANCES SO FOR YOU TO SAY I "STIFFED QVC" IS JUST MEAN. 

Occasional Contributor

This is the first time I've ever been on a blog/chat forum. Sorry I'm so green, and gave personal information with my first post.  I was just upset that there was no communication with QVC. 

I also am shocked you think this situation is a hoax.  What?  It's only been 4 years for my bankruptcy, so perhaps QVC has flagged "recent" ones, not like yours of 7 years.  I spoke to a supervisor at Customer Service, and she is the one who told me the QVC policy.  Do me a favor and call them to ask the question..... I would love to hear what they tell you.  I say that in all sincerity.

Frankly, I'm really surprised at the number of hateful comments I have received over this.  I could have done without all the rants toward me and my financial situation... and had some empathy for the embarrassing lack of communication from QVC.  I have been a customer of QVC's for over 20 years, and never had any problems.  I always thought QVC customers were kind people.  I see that is not so.

Wow... Merry Christmas to you too....

Occasional Contributor

You are all so stuck on my mother and her debt.  Let's meet for lunch. I'll provide paperwork and we can talk this all out over a glass of wine. 

The point was QVC's lack of communication with me for cancelling the order yet taking $$ from my account.

My mother was denied Medicaid in Nevada.

She only had burial insurance beyond Medicare.

Medicare has caps for length of stay in a hospital and the length of time between hospital stays.  This was a huge problem in her case.  My share of the bill for her rehab at ONE place was $22,000.

I never said these were on my credit cards.  These are bills from hospitals, doctors, and rehab places, if you must know.

Trusted Contributor

@KATHY, just let it go, you can not have civil banter on these boards. I would say you probably gave too much private information which allowed the trolls to seize the opportunity to pounce on you. I do agree they should have just declined the order and politely provided an explanation. Merry Christmas and hope it works out for you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kathy679412 wrote:

You are all so stuck on my mother and her debt.  Let's meet for lunch. I'll provide paperwork and we can talk this all out over a glass of wine. 

The point was QVC's lack of communication with me for cancelling the order yet taking $$ from my account.

My mother was denied Medicaid in Nevada.

She only had burial insurance beyond Medicare.

Medicare has caps for length of stay in a hospital and the length of time between hospital stays.  This was a huge problem in her case.  My share of the bill for her rehab at ONE place was $22,000.

I never said these were on my credit cards.  These are bills from hospitals, doctors, and rehab places, if you must know.

@Kathy679412   We aren't "all".  Maybe you should re-read my post on this thread. And please stop YELLING at us, esp. me who wrote a nice post.  Posting in UPPER CASE constitutes YELLING at other posters, and I do not appreciate your post, and including us "all" as being against you.   I wasn't before, but I sure am not sympathetic to you any more. Smiley Sad

There were plenty of nice posts on this thread that you are failing to take into consideration.  If that's how you see things, I am not interested in reading anything else you post. 

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Occasional Contributor

@Pearley

You are right... "all" was stupid to write.  I am sorry.  I did receive some nice comments, and support, which I acknowledged in my post yesterday.  I agree that I got off on personal issues, which I have learned from.  I shared way too much... just having a hard time this holiday, and some of the posts that were just concentrating on one part of the post really frustrated me. 

I've always spoken highly of QVC and loved my dealings with them over the past 20 years. I know we all make mistakes, and I will wait this one out.  I'm sure that , when allowed, I will once again shop with this company.

Thanks for your kind words and support... I am letting it go and I hope the "trolls" on this forum do the same.

Have a happy holiday with family and friends.

Esteemed Contributor

@taja123 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@desertDi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Another first time poster berating QVC.   Did you buy the computer on easy pay?   If so,  do you suppose there could have been some doubt about receiving subsequent  payments even if the first one cleared?   Once you declare bankruptcy,  it takes time to rebuild your credit... that's the price you pay.   Four years is not sufficient time. 

Sounds fishy to me, too..............why was she responsible for her mother's medical bills? 

I worked in financial accounting for many years, and yes, a previous bankrupt is usually CIA...........

@desertDi  Di,  that thought crossed my mind too.   I surely was never held responsible for my parent's medical bills.   People who write this type of message usually tend to omit a few pertinent details. 

This might vary from state to state. I received a bill from my mother's doctor about four months after her death. I have three brothers, and I think it was sent to me b/c I took my mother to the doctor the most often.

You are correct.   There are responsibility of payment forms that are signed in my State.  If her mother assigned her, then, she bears responsibility.