Trusted Contributor

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings

I would guess that the payment was initially approved, at time of purchase, because the debit card was authorized by the bank, and there were no immediate red flags, on the account, such as past due EP's.

When it actually went to processing, they probably discovered the past credit problems and cancelled the purchase.

My Cousin actually, had HSN cancel an order that was en route to her, had it returned to them.  There was a very old Easy Pay, or whatever theirs is, that had gone to collection. 

She is still arguing with HSN claims that old order was cancelled, item never shipped and she never was sent requests for payment. It's a mess, but regardless, she's so furious, with how it was handled, she said she'd never buy  from them again!

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea that bankruptcy was an American Right......I think that's a joke of a statement. Sounds like a legit business practice on QVC's part. Not sure how the OP is responsible for her mothers $300k in medical bills either, I thought if their was debt required for collection they could go after a persons estate but not their family, maybe someone can educate me on these two things. I am going to look up my rights now so I can figure out how they are being violated for not paying my debts....
Occasional Contributor

True... I have no problem with that.... but to deduct $ from my account, send me a "thanks for shopping with us" email, and then cancel the order -- hey my account -- without notice, that's bad business.

Occasional Contributor

I can understand that.  However, why put the sale through, then not notify me that they cancelled me totally from their shopping ... even direct purchases?  And, I had to work with the bank to get my refund.  They did not follow-through with that.

Honored Contributor

Well, the problem with bankruptcy is that we all pay for it.  

A company just passes the cost on to the customers.

Occasional Contributor

As I stated in my original post, I found out by calling QVC customer service to find out why I could not see my order status.  That's when I found out that they had cancelled my account and order.  The point is there was $$ taken from my bank account (this was not a credit card purchase but an easy pay from my bank account) AND DID NOT NOTIFY ME OF ANYTHING... 

Occasional Contributor

Why is this the point you're stuck on?  My point in involving my Mom in the conversation was that I am not some low-life that just decides to declare bankruptcy on a whim.  My mother's illness was long and extensive. Medicare only pays 80% .. a family member had to sign for the 20%...  Furthermore, there is a cap with Medicare on how many days one must be out of the hospital between visits..... 100.  My Mom was admitted back into hospitals more often than the 100 days.  That additional cost was also charged to me.  The main point here is QVC's poor communication practices.  I have been a loyal and satisfied customer for over 20 years.  This treatment from them really threw me for a loop.... THE FACT THAT THEY DID NOT NOTIFY ME FOR OVER TWO WEEKS THAT THE ORDER WAS CANCELLED, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD DEDUCTED MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT.  I was the one who had to call them since no order delivery date, or order for that matter, was showing on an account.

Occasional Contributor

She was denied Medicaid in Nevada.

THIS IS ABOUT QVC -- having extremely poor business communication and practices with me.

Occasional Contributor

Why are all of you concentrating on the bankruptcy?  I am upset with QVC for accepting my order, taking the first payment from my account, then cancelling my order and account WITHOUT ANY NOTICE.

Of course, I am not including all details..... like the fact that she was not granted Medicaid in Nevada because at that time, one could not make over $800 a month to be accepted....Fine, her Medicare was $850 a month --- so, there's that.  And, since I was her caretaker and she lived with me, my income was also included.  I'm a single mother, five kids, and a teacher.  They did not care.  Someone had to sign paperwork for the additional charges.  The rehab bill for two weeks for me was $22,000.  That's Las Vegas!

Now, there are the details.... if you must concentrate on that.  I prefer to concentrate on the poor communication from QVC.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  Your post means so much to me.