Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@Leu wrote:

Honestly, I don't believe it. My husband and I filed bankruptcy 7 years ago (it stays on credit reports for 10 years). In the interim, we've made many purchases with QVC, both easy pay and not and have never had an issue with it. Some of those purchases were computers (on easy pay). So, if this is a legit post, I really doubt the bankruptcy angle. It's not like Q checks your credit report each time you try to buy something, especially if you aren't using a Q card.


Well Q debts were included in the bankruptcy so that would make a big difference.

 

I would guess it was a glitch and they didn't catch it until after the first payment was made.  But generally it's not taken out of your account until after it's shipped.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,062
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@Kachina624 wrote:

@desertDi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Another first time poster berating QVC.   Did you buy the computer on easy pay?   If so,  do you suppose there could have been some doubt about receiving subsequent  payments even if the first one cleared?   Once you declare bankruptcy,  it takes time to rebuild your credit... that's the price you pay.   Four years is not sufficient time. 


Sounds fishy to me, too..............why was she responsible for her mother's medical bills? 

 

   I worked in financial accounting for many years, and yes, a previous bankrupt is usually CIA...........


@desertDi  Di,  that thought crossed my mind too.   I surely was never held responsible for my parent's medical bills.   People who write this type of message usually tend to omit a few pertinent details. 


This might vary from state to state. I received a bill from my mother's doctor about four months after her death. I have three brothers, and I think it was sent to me b/c I took my mother to the doctor the most often.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,590
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@desertDi wrote:

@Q4U wrote:

@snoop wrote:

I'm stuck on the fact you say you were responsible for someone else's debt.  Doesn't make sense to me, legally.  Can you explain...what type of bankruptcy did you file?


...had to declare bankruptsy due to my dying mother's medical bills charged to me  (over $300,000). 

 

Sounds like the OP undertook the bills and they were charged to her..... 

 

If you've claimed a parent as a dependent on your 1040, you've opened a legal  can of worms.    Are the parent's medical expenses deductible?????     I don't have a clue................



 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,590
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@desertDi wrote:

@Q4U wrote:

@snoop wrote:

I'm stuck on the fact you say you were responsible for someone else's debt.  Doesn't make sense to me, legally.  Can you explain...what type of bankruptcy did you file?


...had to declare bankruptsy due to my dying mother's medical bills charged to me  (over $300,000). 

 

Sounds like the OP undertook the bills and they were charged to her..... 

 

If you've claimed a parent as a dependent on your 1040, you've opened a legal  can of worms.    Are the parent's medical expenses deductible?????     I don't have a clue................



I was just thinking back to when my folks were so ill and the bills were piling up.  Had they needed it, I would have volunteered to pay them.  Not claim them as a dependent .... just volunteer to pay what they needed paid and worry about paying it all off later.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,772
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Bankruptcy is a law and yes, it does give you rights.  However, it also gives anyone who would offer you credit the right to refuse that credit.

 

I assume from your rant that you know a company that will lend you the money to buy the computer and that you will no longer have to deal with QVC, a company you believe is cold. 

 

OP would have us believe QVC mistreated her, but I wonder if she who knew she was in bankruptcy bothered to tell the company when she ordered that she was under the protection of the bankruptcy law. 

 

I do feel sympathy for OP for her original problem with her mother's medical bills - although I really do not understand why she signed for them since she could not afford to pay for them.  They were not her debt.

 

I do not have any sympathy/empathy for her not knowing a credit card would be included in her bankruptcy files.  I'm feeling as if there's a head in the financial sand going on here - and I don't want to shop where she is shopping.

 

 


That statement is very cold.  It was her mother.  What if your dear mother was in terrible pain or very sick and the only way to get her timely medical care was to charge it on your charge card becaise the mother was not properly insured.  I'm not sure that was the case here, but I was initially hard on the OP and then when others said to give her a break I was able to see a different perspective on the whole thing.

 

OP, I'm sorry you had to go thru so much when your mother was dying, and then not to be proactively oommunicated to from QVC about the order you placed and they initially accepted.


Something isnt right about OPs fact.  She isnt talking about debt that could be put on most credit cards--she said over $300,000.  Her mother would be on Medicare wouldnt she?  I am assuming she is that old, or if no insurance at all and under Medicare age Medicaid.  You dont cosign for that kind of debt without a credit check do you?  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@KathyPet wrote:

QVC has the right to establish whatever criteria they choose to when deciding who they want to allow to order from them.  Obviously they have a corporate policy that if you ever stiff them on a order whether a Q card or having easy pays that did not clear your bank they will no longer accept your business.  They are within their rights to establish such a policy.


I agree.  But they took her first payment, and then cancelled the order without notifying her.  That's the part that seems really unfair.  Denying further credit is one thing, and perfectly understandable.  But that's not all that happened here.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@Pearley wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Bankruptcy is a law and yes, it does give you rights.  However, it also gives anyone who would offer you credit the right to refuse that credit.

 

I assume from your rant that you know a company that will lend you the money to buy the computer and that you will no longer have to deal with QVC, a company you believe is cold. 

 

OP would have us believe QVC mistreated her, but I wonder if she who knew she was in bankruptcy bothered to tell the company when she ordered that she was under the protection of the bankruptcy law. 

 

I do feel sympathy for OP for her original problem with her mother's medical bills - although I really do not understand why she signed for them since she could not afford to pay for them.  They were not her debt.

 

I do not have any sympathy/empathy for her not knowing a credit card would be included in her bankruptcy files.  I'm feeling as if there's a head in the financial sand going on here - and I don't want to shop where she is shopping.

 

 


QVC is still very wrong if it didn't even notify her that it wasn't placing her order, after leading her to believe her order was placed. 


 

Exactly.  And they accepted a payment from her, too, and never got in touch about refunding it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@KYToby wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Bankruptcy is a law and yes, it does give you rights.  However, it also gives anyone who would offer you credit the right to refuse that credit.

 

I assume from your rant that you know a company that will lend you the money to buy the computer and that you will no longer have to deal with QVC, a company you believe is cold. 

 

OP would have us believe QVC mistreated her, but I wonder if she who knew she was in bankruptcy bothered to tell the company when she ordered that she was under the protection of the bankruptcy law. 

 

I do feel sympathy for OP for her original problem with her mother's medical bills - although I really do not understand why she signed for them since she could not afford to pay for them.  They were not her debt.

 

I do not have any sympathy/empathy for her not knowing a credit card would be included in her bankruptcy files.  I'm feeling as if there's a head in the financial sand going on here - and I don't want to shop where she is shopping.

 

 


QVC is still very wrong if it didn't even notify her that it wasn't placing her order, after leading her to believe her order was placed. 


You do not know this.  You only have the word of the op who clearly has an agenda.

 

in this particular instance, if the decision is based upon the OP's credit (as is likely the case), QVC must notify the OP in writing.  This is a federal law, and there are no exceptions (QVC cannot just call upm the OP with that information). 

 

I do find it a bit incredulous that someone who thinks that QVC is so awful and horrible and not worth doing business with takes time to post a complain that QVC refuses to do business with them.  Threatening to no longer be a customer of QVC is a bit silly when QVC will not allow one to be a customer.


 

All we ever have on these forums is the word of the OP.  Every single time.  So are we not to believe people when we don't like what they have to say?

 

I don't know if she has an agenda, and neither do you.

 

And just because something is law doesn't mean it always happens.  Or that it happens in a timely manner.  "No exceptions" is simply not true.  If the law was always followed the way it was intended, a lot of attorneys and judges would find themselves without jobs!

 

I don't see reason here to judge the OP so harshly.  I tend to take people at their word unless I have reason not to, and I would rather make the mistake of supporting someone erroneously rather than kicking them when they're down.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,036
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings

Well, I guess they'd sell it to you if you paid the full amount, but I'm not sure I'd want to business with them.   There are plenty of other online retailers.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,040
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I guess they'd sell it to you if you paid the full amount, but I'm not sure I'd want to business with them.   There are plenty of other online retailers.


And they all "run" your credit card when you open an account

♥Surface of the Sun♥