Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong... QVC business dealings

I'm confused. If you bought something using a credit card from a bank with a sufficient credit limit, and that card was approved when you made the purchase from QVC, what woud trigger QVC to investigate your credit-worthiness in the first place? If you were apply for a Q Card this makes sense, otherwise, I'm not getting it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I'm stuck on the fact you say you were responsible for someone else's debt.  Doesn't make sense to me, legally.  Can you explain...what type of bankruptcy did you file?

Esteemed Contributor

@snoop wrote:

I'm stuck on the fact you say you were responsible for someone else's debt.  Doesn't make sense to me, legally.  Can you explain...what type of bankruptcy did you file?

...had to declare bankruptsy due to my dying mother's medical bills charged to me  (over $300,000). 

Sounds like the OP undertook the bills and they were charged to her..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@snoop wrote:

Yes........you are only responsible for your spouse......and that is in community property states.    Parent?   NO.    The medical provider will help them fill out medicaid forms.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Q4U wrote:

@snoop wrote:

...had to declare bankruptsy due to my dying mother's medical bills charged to me  (over $300,000). 

@Q4U wrote:

@snoop wrote:

I was also curious to how the debt became the OP's...?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@desertDi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Another first time poster berating QVC.   Did you buy the computer on easy pay?   If so,  do you suppose there could have been some doubt about receiving subsequent  payments even if the first one cleared?   Once you declare bankruptcy,  it takes time to rebuild your credit... that's the price you pay.   Four years is not sufficient time. 

Sounds fishy to me, too..............why was she responsible for her mother's medical bills? 

I worked in financial accounting for many years, and yes, a previous bankrupt is usually CIA...........

@desertDi  Di,  that thought crossed my mind too.   I surely was never held responsible for my parent's medical bills.   People who write this type of message usually tend to omit a few pertinent details. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Give the OP a break.  She could have cosigned for some of her mother's obligations.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

Give the OP a break.  She could have cosigned for some of her mother's obligations.

I agree.  Too often people on these boards seem to get pleasure from accusing posters of being trolls.  I think the OP came here simply to vent, not to be challenged or ridiculed.  

To the OP, I'm sorry this happened to you.  Hope you get things straightened out and receive your refund promptly.

Honored Contributor

@Q4U wrote:

@snoop wrote:

If you've claimed a parent as a dependent on your 1040, you've opened a legal  can of worms.    Are the parent's medical expenses deductible?????     I don't have a clue................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I hope everything gets better for you soon and everything works out for you.