Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, the expense of returning...

As many have stated...if something is wrong with a product you have to return...check the defective box and state your reason for the return. You shouldn't be charged for return shipping, even if you use their label. Once in a while they make a mistake and don't credit the return shipping. Make a quick phone call to CS...and they'll reverse the charge.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/3/2015 BonnieBelle said:

I doesn't bother me. I guess it's the price you pay for trying something. Better than keeping an item you won't use and paying full price for it.

I agree with that.

Honored Contributor

If it is defective sometimes you have to follow-up w/ Customer Service to make sure you get credit for the return.

Super Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Sooner said:

Just did a quick figure and in the past calendar year I spent a little over $100 on returns. BUT that being said, I would have spent more than that on time and gas running around looking for casual clothes and other items I actually needed. There were also about 5 stupid things I bought and wondered WHY when I saw them. A purse, the car window cover things, and a couple more.

ITA! Fighting traffic and going from store to store trying to find things is exhausting and aggravating. So far being able to return items to the Q so easily is a blessing. It's worth every penny to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hot Rollers - I know what you mean - heavy but (boy) did those things burn my head. Couldn't get them out fast enough - with tears in my eyes. Sent them back!

Regular Contributor

On 1/2/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/2/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I know people complain about the QVC return label but IMO they are generally a bargain.

I had a pair of very lightweight earrings I was returning to ShopHQ. To use the return label would have been $6.99. I was positive I could do better than that. Not true. I logged onto my Click N Ship with the post office and for that 2.3oz package, my cost would have been $7.06 to return. That was priority mail with delivery confirmation.

People that talk about spending $2.00 to send back jewelry items have to be putting postage on the envelopes, dropping them in the box and hoping for the best. There is no way for that price they are tracking or insuring or getting confirmation of the return.

If I would have had a small flat rate box, the price was a little better but still over $5.00. I didn't have that box and would have used up my savings driving to the post office to get one.

You can get priority mail with delivery confirmation for a lot less if you pay and print from USPS.com. $5.25 will allow me to mail a small flat rate box, have it delivered in 2 business days, receive emails from USPS as it moves through their system, and receive an email confirming delivery. You can get the USPS boxes/envelopes from your grocery store if they have a post office drop there too.

I use Q's labels only if it's a bulky item.

Any package 13oz or less can be shipped at the MUCH CHEAPER 1st class rate! However, it is 1st Class Parcel rate because it is not a flat envelope...but it applies to boxes as well. I ship this way all the time and it helps for very light items. And yes, if you can weigh your package at home and do the label online you will save as well. The small scales are not very expensive.

It is horrible that the counter people charge Priority for a package of a few ounces if you do not know the difference!

Honored Contributor

I always tell them at the counter that I want to send it the cheapest way. After they give me the price, if it's Priority Mail, I ask again if that is the cheapest way. Sometimes it is.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I just came on here to say something about the cost of NOT using the return label! With tracking and insurance, I'm being quoted almost $20 by USPS to send back 2 pairs of shoes that didn't work for me. I'm going to put the two shoes into a box with the $6.95 Q return label and save a bundle. The shoes are lightweight and will be less than 5 pounds to send, but UPS customer pricing is really high. I've always used the Q return labels, but thought I'd look at other options this once....not worth it.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I just came on here to say something about the cost of NOT using the return label! With tracking and insurance, I'm being quoted almost $20 by USPS to send back 2 pairs of shoes that didn't work for me. I'm going to put the two shoes into a box with the $6.95 Q return label and save a bundle. The shoes are lightweight and will be less than 5 pounds to send, but UPS customer pricing is really high. I've always used the Q return labels, but thought I'd look at other options this once....not worth it.

That's how I feel: not worth it.