Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, the expense of returning...

The only shipping that is refunded is the one you paid when you received the article. Unless it is defective you pay for return shipping.

Honored Contributor

That is not a free return label. Your account will be charged.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/2/2015 wmsbgshopper said: I too am fed up with variation in sizing within brands. We should be able to count on shoes to be consistant since that is something that has to fit. QVC instead has put the burden on us customers to communicate the swings by their sizing charts. They don't have to force the vendord to maintain quality sizing, they just force us to communicate among ourselves with their sizing charts!

You're so right. And this is the second pair of Clarks I've returned for sizing. I've got an average no-problem, medium, 7-1/2. The first pair were too big and wide. This pair was just oddly made: right in length & width but the heel was off. It took me twice to stop that nonsense.

None of my returns were defective per se, but none were my fault. Quality and sizing is lacking. I like and am will to pay for "convenience," but I'm just not doing this anymore.

As Kenny Rogers says: "you got to know when to hold them, you got to know when to fold them." No more Clarks for me at the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/2/2015 baker said:

I just counted up all the returns I've made over the past year and I'm embarrassed to say it was in the hundreds of dollars. More money than brains I guess.

I'm not surprised, baker. I think I'm right there with you. Don't want to check it out!!!! 8)

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 molisa said:

Like Lipstick Diva I have always used the return label on the few things I have sent back. Never had a problem, can track the shipment.

I agree! It is never worth the hassle of printing a label or going to the Post Office for me. I slap on the label and stick it in the box.

Respected Contributor

On 1/3/2015 ncascade said:

The only shipping that is refunded is the one you paid when you received the article. Unless it is defective you pay for return shipping.

This is true ? ?. I didn't know about the defective items being pd for returning. I just contacted CS about my Candle Impressions ( 1 was going dim) They told me to mark it defective & QVC paid for returning. I had never known this before.

Super Contributor

It doesn't bother me. I guess it's the price you pay for trying something. Better than keeping an item you won't use and paying full price for it.

Honored Contributor

Just did a quick figure and in the past calendar year I spent a little over $100 on returns. BUT that being said, I would have spent more than that on time and gas running around looking for casual clothes and other items I actually needed. There were also about 5 stupid things I bought and wondered WHY when I saw them. A purse, the car window cover things, and a couple more.

Regular Contributor

On 1/2/2015 taja123 said:

I'm spending almost $30. on my last three purchases all being returned. Callista Hot Rollers were too heavy and actually burned my scalp. A pair of Susan G. pants that were poorly made and poorly fitted. Big waist, tight everywhere else! And today, a pair of Clark's shoes. I liked them, the color was pretty, the leather was stiff and hurt and although the right length, I was walking out of them. I'm taking a break for a while, but I think quality needs improvement.

I"m returning those Calista rollers as well for the same reason. I bought the largest size & they are really heavy! They won't stay in place no matter what I try to do. They start falling out of my hair as soon as I secure them with the clip =it's a joke. How they passed Quality Control is beyond me. They don't function.

Esteemed Contributor

If there's a defect with the product or different from others u purchased from the Q in the past, then call QVC customer svce and they'll pay return shipping. If u have many pairs of Clarks and they're all perfect --- receiving a pair where u walk out of them should be considered "defective". Clarks "last" has changed. I own 20 pairs of Clarks Clogs --- and purchased the last 2 pairs (2 yrs ago) from Clarksusa.com --- they were closed shoes in my size, 7 wide) and they slipped off my feet. I won't be ordering Clarks anytime soon.