Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow, the expense of returning...

On 1/2/2015 BMPerry said:

The last time I needed to return several items I put them all in a single box with 1 label ...so I only paid the price of 1 return label cost. I have 3 orders coming each with severl items and once they all get here I will return what doesnt fit again in one box and use only 1 label

I thought of that, BMP, but I was afraid with hot roller damage. I really should have done an excellent packaging job and sent it all back as one. I've done that before. You have to insure it, too. Lately, it just seems sizes are all off, and quality not as it once was. Thanks for the suggestion!

Honored Contributor

I just counted up all the returns I've made over the past year and I'm embarrassed to say it was in the hundreds of dollars. More money than brains I guess.

Honored Contributor

I buy very little and return even less, but I always use the Q's return label. Less stress, time and effort for me.

Today I had to return the 2 TSVs from Christmas Eve (the sterling rings). I was happy to see that QVC had shipped them to me in the same package and I was able to return them in the same package.

I was able to re-tape the envelope and drop it off at the UPS store (they have USPS pick up there) with retail hours that are convenient for me as it's in the shopping center I go to every weekend.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I too am fed up with variation in sizing within brands. We should be able to count on shoes to be consistant since that is something that has to fit. QVC instead has put the burden on us customers to communicate the swings by their sizing charts. They don't have to force the vendord to maintain quality sizing, they just force us to communicate among ourselves with their sizing charts!
Valued Contributor

If a product you are returning is defective, they won't charge you return shipping fee.
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 baker said:

I just counted up all the returns I've made over the past year and I'm embarrassed to say it was in the hundreds of dollars. More money than brains I guess.

Did this about 6 months ago - WHEW!!!! Could have bought something nice in brick & mortar store which I could have tried on, home decor I could have seen immediately, etc. After doing the math for returns I vowed to stop buying on Q unless I'm absolutely sure I can't buy it for 1) less including s/h or 2) can't find in b&m store. So far I'm doing better!!!!
Respected Contributor

Hello, taja123. Smile

I think if you return items to QVC within 30 days, they'll refund the shipping. Did you get a free return label with your items?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

I don't trust the QVC labels for expensive items, so I take them to UPS, which is ridiculously expensive. So I have greatly reduced what I buy here. I have a coat I'm trying to decide on; luckily all the presents worked out OK.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

No return is free unless you mark it defective. I bought a hair product that did nothing like what it was shown to do so I marked it defective and got my shipping returned.

There is so much smoke and mirrors with products on the Q it is ridiculous.

For instance beauty products, on the air it looks like miracle workers and the vendors and host's swear it will make you look younger, cover the wrinkles, get rid of wrinkles, lift you skin etc. You get it home and the product does NOTHING like what they said. SEND IT BACK DEFECTIVE.

Miracle hairdryers that make our hair shine and fuller, you get it home and it is just another hairdryer. SEND IT BACK DEFECTIVE.

Space heaters that look like a small fireplace that heat a whole room, you get it home and it only heats the space in front of you SEND IT BACK DEFECTIVE.

Clothes that are supposed to be quality material and quality made, you get it home and the seams are not the same, the material is horrible, the fit is terrible, SEND IT BACK DEFECTIVE.

If everyone would do this maybe the smoke and mirrors would go away although I doubt it because too many people just keep inferior products or products that just do not work as touted.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

One of the ways to save money on returns is to eliminate the extraneous packaging. Boxes, romance cards,etc. I just wrap up the jewelry in bubble wrap and sometimes make the return envelope(brown one) a little smaller. Clothing can be returned without all the bags and tissue paper. I always do this and have never had something come back. I also make my own label and always insure. Those plastic bags that the clothing comes in can also be made smaller.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.