Honored Contributor

Wondering how it is decided which vendors show up on set these days.

I'm noticing some of the vendors are popping up in person lately.  Pre-Covid, the vendors were always present no matter how brief the presentation.  I'm wondering if QVC determined that they save a lot of money with the Skype presentations.  I'm thinking they'll never go back to the way it was previously.

Does anyone know?

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering how it is decided which vendors show up on set these days.

Perhaps they are leaving it up to the vendor. 

Honored Contributor

I am thinking anyone who wants to travel. I think many of them are happy at home.  HSN has some who have returned some who are still broadcastin from home.  Same with Shophq

Esteemed Contributor

It should be vendor choice
Honored Contributor

Maybe only the vaccinated ones are allowed in-studio.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there will be several things considered as things return to normal. The financial health of the company will drive the decision. Are vendors on air driving sales? If so, we'll see more vendors on set. Are sales holding steady with Skype? Maybe. It will be a decision based on revenue. 
Vendors will be traveling either way. The merchandise office I worked in had a steady stream of vendor reps presenting samples and meeting with buyers. A lot is done on line but eventually the buyers want to touch and feel what they're buying. So the reps won't get out of traveling although it may be curtailed somewhat. 

Honored Contributor

I think  vendors pay their own travel expenses. Some airports are a mess and they may not want to deal with that.

Honored Contributor

Local vendors living in the Philly area are most likely to appear in person.  Airline travel seems to be very unreliable and unpleasant.  No way of know if you'll fly or spend the night in the terminal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be wise to consider vendors under fifty because of their lower risk of the severest COVID outcomes. 

Acting as if this thing is over is not wise.