Valued Contributor

Wondering about Joan Rivers line

Sure has been a LONG TIME since new JR fashions and/or jewelry.  Wonder if this line is being discontinued?  I would hate to see that, but it could probably use some tweaking.  I really like when they introduce new earring sets with say 3-4 pair in each set.  And I would love their boyfriend shirts with roll tab sleeves if they were not cotton that needs ironing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering about Joan Rivers line

@just wonder    As others have also observed, the line does appear to be declining.  It's gotten quite stale and over-priced.  Frankly, I don't think David Dangle is much of a designer and they made a mistake by not hiring someone with more experience.  So much of what he has offered looks like men's clothing and those buttons up the back got old after the first one.  He's sort of a one-trick pony. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, the line is stale for sure.  It hasn't been the same since she's been gone.  Though in all honesty, I loved her but I always thought it was overpriced because IMO, the quality was just not there.  I do own a couple of her tassle necklaces which I adore and I feel it's my piece of  her legacy.   

Valued Contributor

I really miss Joan's special brooches.  I have many of her limited edition pins and they are all fantastic.  No one makes pins like that now!

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

I really miss Joan's special brooches.  I have many of her limited edition pins and they are all fantastic.  No one makes pins like that now!

That's an idea - discontinue everything in the line except the pins.  Joan's bee pins were pretty hot for a while.

Honored Contributor

That clothing line has turned into Bigshirt Central.  To me it looks like a collection of clothing that Joan would have never worn.

I wonder how many more of her expensive original jewelry pieces there are left to copy.  They would probably sell some of the ones they have made in the past if they brought them back.

Esteemed Contributor

No loss - JR has kept the pony in the ring for longer than he should have been.

Paid his expensive life style - now time for DD to hit the real world.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

That clothing line has turned into Bigshirt Central.  To me it looks like a collection of clothing that Joan would have never worn.

I wonder how many more of her expensive original jewelry pieces there are left to copy.  They would probably sell some of the ones they have made in the past if they brought them back.

@faeriemoon    It looks like something David Dangle would wear.  He obviously doesn't iron and isn't familiar with the hot, laborious process.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Overpriced, and what's up with those side pockets on every shirt?

Respected Contributor

I have been wondering about this line also. I actually like the botfriend shirt style - although I could do without the buttons up the back feature. There have been no new items in weeks so it looks like it may be gone.