Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering about Joan Rivers line

I had and still have a ton of her watches, I used to buy them at the Q Outlet store, still love them. 

Respected Contributor

@deeva I cant stand side pockets on any clothing!

Occasional Contributor

Ditto for the JR watches. Loved. Some jewelry…yes. But not a huge costume jewelry fan. I could never seem to pull off large pieces of jewelry. I might purchase, yes, but when it came to walking out the door…”less is more” and I would remove. I am severely lacking in “hutzpah”….. but loved watching the shows, learning the history and of course …..Joan’s antics. I miss that woman!!!
Respected Contributor

JR line is dying as joggers, tunics, and sweats have become the wardrobe of many since Covid. 

Trusted Contributor

It looks to me they slowly will be gone.All those blouses are all the same high priced things.Not to my liking

Honored Contributor

This line has become a one trick pony mostly boyfriend shirts .........and modifications thereof....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Sent an email inquiring about the line and it was never replied to. Sadly many women in their 20s and 30s have never heard of Joan Rivers. I fear the customer base may be aging out. Young women today are consumed with social media and their phones and follow today's celebrities who dont hold a candle to the likes of Joan,  Elizabeth Taylor, Carol Burnett and Diane Keaton. They have no reference to the 60s 70s and 80s when Joan was at her peak . I remember seeing Joan in 1965 she became a regular on "The Tonight Show" and was mentored by the fabulous Johnny Carson. How sad how much society has changed since those years.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@paixmcdao wrote:

Yes, a real "character"...

As a three-time Emmy Award winning designer, David Dangle has an extensive background in fashion, theatre and television design. Through his background in art direction, David knows the people in the industry who set the trends… the fashion insiders, stylists, designers, magazine editors, photographers and celebrities.

And the most famous face he met along the way was Joan Rivers.

From the start, David shared Joan’s taste level and passion for beautiful things. Their intense collaboration over twenty-five years has made the Joan Rivers Classics Collection one of the most consistently on-trend, fashion-right brands on QVC. Whether at work in the design studio or on-air at QVC, Joan and David realized years ago that hard work and lots of laughter are a winning combination!

From a business perspective, David has always been Joan’s right-hand man. As CEO of Joan Rivers Worldwide, David runs Joan’s company and makes sure that Joan’s vision is executed to perfection.

Thanks for sharing this.  I always had the impression that David played a big role in Joan's items and is a talented man.

Joan was a great salesperson -- have many jewelry items that I bought and never wore!  LOL. Her pins were beautiful but I never had places to wear them.  I bought some earrings that looked great on TV but were just colored plastic when I got them home.  I still have a couple of her long beaded necklaces which I keep because they are so pretty, but I rarely wear necklaces!  See what I mean about Joan?? 😂

I have a couple of her basic shells that I like a lot.  They fit well.  I'm not really petite, but the petite size fit my body better.  Quality of the material is good, too.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been hoping for more JR shirts since I prefer a classic style. I love the fact that David has not succumbed to the rubbery fabrics that are so prevalent. Surely, not everyone wants short tight clothing. Prices are reasonable and not as high as Sidestitch and LOGO. Perhaps QVC could find a presenter who can enthusiastically highlight the craftsmanship and design of David's blouses.  Since I only own one JR necklace, I won't comment on jewelry. I really hope that the line continues, and I appreciate DDs efforts to respect Joan's legacy.

Respected Contributor

I noticed on David’s Instagram that he and his partner are vacationing in Spain. I guess there are no current designs to be showing on the Q for the start of the summer season.