Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wonder when the studio will be back to normal

[ Edited ]

@mspemberley wrote:

@Stray  The problem is that sales are down. Way down. QVC is a publicly held company and the quarterly reports show a deep dive in sales.

I also would like to have the vendors back in the studio. I would also like to see the website function better. It's obvious that corporate is cutting corners wherever they can, I.e. the IT team, customer service, warehouses, and production teams. It appears cost savings are having a negative impact on the bottom line. Time to do some rebuilding!

@mspemberley 

I'm not trying to argue with you just a different point of view. I believe that sales are down, by how much I do not know. I also believe that it has nothing to do with the vendors not being int the studio. QVC, has an outdated business model, inferior quality of clothing, that is readily available at many online establishments that have far better pricing and let's not forget actual sales on those items. Other vendors also offer  free shipping over certain dollar thresholds. They have poor shipping and return policy, annoying hosts and the list can go on. 

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the way it is. If they are together again probably more time for endless chatter.

Valued Contributor

I don't know if sales are up, down or static; what I do know is the Q online presence has been lacking in function for years. I'm no IT expert yet I always find ways to improve the customer/user experiences. I communicate my suggestions to Customer Service (often the Managers) but NOTHING gets improved.  It's a matter of cost-cutting by the corporation. I think the website and mobile apps are clunky and non-user friendly - in need of simple upgrades. I prefer web shopping (like Amazon) but only when it's time saving and workable. I'm done with both QVC and HSN websites for real shopping, purchasing and follow up.  WHAT IS THEIR PLAN ANYWAY???

Super Contributor

I'm betting that Zooming or Skyping will be an option for vendors from now on because they don't have to travel and I'm fine with it. And not all HSN vendors are in the studio yet.

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Gary was back in the studio today (along with his squirrel).

They tried it once before a few weeks ago, then they had some positive Covid cases and had to stop again.

Carolyn said hopefully this will be permanent now.

Screenshot_20220612-133553.png

This squirrel stuff is just EMBARRASSING.  JUST STOP IT

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Gary was back in the studio today (along with his squirrel).

They tried it once before a few weeks ago, then they had some positive Covid cases and had to stop again.

Carolyn said hopefully this will be permanent now.

Screenshot_20220612-133553.png

This squirrel stuff is just EMBARRASSING.  JUST STOP IT

Don't hold your breath--lots of customers enjoy the fun (or at the very least are not bothered by it).

Super Contributor

I'm not bothered by the squirrel antics. Carolyn said Gary will be back in the studio for every D & Co show. Personally I enjoy having the guest in studio. Don't care about costs

Valued Contributor

Who cares? The guests are fine on zoom

Trusted Contributor

I doubt you will see them all back. I know Janine Graff posted on Instagram pictures of the new set they built in her basement recently, and she lives close to the studio. I thought I read somewhere that Josie sold her home by QVC, so she must not plan on coming back either.

Esteemed Contributor

That's true about Josie.  She sold her West Chester property.

She and her family move between Los Angeles and St. Barts, but she mostly stays tropical.

I doubt she has any desire to leave and travel to the studio.