Super Contributor

Re: Wonder when the studio will be back to normal

They seem to hover over the hosts. I prefer them remotely

Valued Contributor

Probably reason more vendors are returning in person to HSN than QVC is Florida is more open than PA, and perhaps the PA governor is not allowing...

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those that wants vendors back in the studio. I'm not a fan of most of the remote connections. Poor quality lighting, not in HD, audio problems, not great, detailed, up close looks at some products. 

I watch QVC for a reason, and it's to see every single option in a particular item. I want to see the detail, all the colors (not just a picture of the website as they scroll through the colors). The quality of the programming just isn't the same when the vendors are working remotely. I find myself not watching and not buying as much with the programming the way it has been.

This 'thing' has reached the point that people are going to have to learn to get back into the world and get going. Those of us in other parts of the country simply shake our heads at the crazy steps still being taken on both coasts. Most of us never missed a beat. Everyone I know personally had to continue to report for work every single day since this started, in person, and keep plugging away. Every single person I know has had the C, some of us a couple of times and it's simply time to get back at it for most people. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm one of those that wants vendors back in the studio. I'm not a fan of most of the remote connections. Poor quality lighting, not in HD, audio problems, not great, detailed, up close looks at some products. 

I watch QVC for a reason, and it's to see every single option in a particular item. I want to see the detail, all the colors (not just a picture of the website as they scroll through the colors). The quality of the programming just isn't the same when the vendors are working remotely. I find myself not watching and not buying as much with the programming the way it has been.

This 'thing' has reached the point that people are going to have to learn to get back into the world and get going. Those of us in other parts of the country simply shake our heads at the crazy steps still being taken on both coasts. Most of us never missed a beat. Everyone I know personally had to continue to report for work every single day since this started, in person, and keep plugging away. Every single person I know has had the C, some of us a couple of times and it's simply time to get back at it for most people. 

@Mominohio  Well said!! (as usual) BTW, some of us on the east coast have never stopped working either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pennsylvania Governor. 

It's a QVC business decision about limiting visitors and access into its facilities or perhaps realizing that all these visitors every day is just not necessary. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just like everyone else who worked from home since COVID, they may like working from home. I’d certainly like to present from home rather than travel to PA & stay in a hotel. I don’t see any reason for a vendor to be in the studio. My niece who is in fashion only goes in to NYC periodically and does not work 8 hrs & they have record sales via the websites & have closed many B&M stores.

If sales are good or have not fallen off since vendors worked from home, no need to have them back.

Everyone wants more free time and leisure & not commuting to another state, gives them that.
Super Contributor

For goodness sake's people are getting Covid but it is not at all serious!  Everyone that I know who has had it lately says it's just a very mild cold!  It is not a big deal and it is time to get on with our lives!

Respected Contributor

What is red covid zone?
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

i do not buy or not buy based on where guests are.

i'd rather the vendors reduce the cost to Q and Q pass on those savings to us.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~