Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The OP is simply making and expressing a "wish".  No harm in that.  A number of the responses seem, to me, to be a bit harsh.

@Johnnyeager  I agree.....can't someone just express a concern to ease their mind without someone jumping all over them?

@Patriot3 @Johnnyeager   I don't like it because to me it's used as a sales tool! Can they just say this is a great product IF you're working from home? 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The OP is simply making and expressing a "wish".  No harm in that.  A number of the responses seem, to me, to be a bit harsh.

@Johnnyeager  I agree.....can't someone just express a concern to ease their mind without someone jumping all over them?

Great point! But the answer seems to be "no" on this forum. As soon as some expresses the least bit of dissatisfaction, they're jumped on and told to "switch the channel". SMH. So much for democracy. 

@Effie54   🤦‍♀️, This board is not a democracy. We are allowed here by a private company, and there are mods. If you post on the internet, expect to get different opinions. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Wish the Hosts

[ Edited ]

I wish people would just skip the threads rather than posting the old mantras "turn the channel" "don't watch" which isnt very informative nor interesting...🤦‍♀️ .....and people wonder why the traffic on the Forums has quieted....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Okay, I won't say turn the channel. I'll just say that some have a very rosy outlook that defies reality.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, I won't say turn the channel. I'll just say that some have a very rosy outlook that defies reality.

Maybe some have "a rosy outlook" as you put it, but my opinion is why do they (the hosts) need to use this sales pitch so much? That's what I'm saying. It's gotten to be overkill and seems no matter what is being sold, they will use the "since we're all at home" line.  I don't think just because we're tired of hearing that same sales pitch day after day on every item means we have "too rosy an outlook and not in reality". 

It's like the hosts in their pj's--okay, now and then fine, but all the time?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Maybe some have "a rosy outlook" as you put it, but my opinion is why do they (the hosts) need to use this sales pitch so much? That's what I'm saying. It's gotten to be overkill and seems no matter what is being sold, they will use the "since we're all at home" line.  I don't think just because we're tired of hearing that same sales pitch day after day on every item means we have "too rosy an outlook and not in reality". 

Yes, I can see that. @KKJ. I haven't watched in a couple years. But even when I did, I never thought that any chatter was something other than a sales pitch.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
Spoiler
👏🏻
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thank you (and the others) that have an understanding attitude and didn't pitch me that awful "change the channel" line.  It's so lame.  

I enjoy watching QVC for the most part, but last night Shawn's sales pitch for every single item was referencing the same thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Great point! But the answer seems to be "no" on this forum. As soon as some expresses the least bit of dissatisfaction, they're jumped on and told to "switch the channel". SMH. So much for democracy. 

@Effie54   🤦‍♀️, This board is not a democracy. We are allowed here by a private company, and there are mods. If you post on the internet, expect to get different opinions. 

And so, I think those on these boards should still be KIND and not invalidate someone because their view is different. 

Honored Contributor

If you don't agree with the op, start your own thread with your opinion where others who don't agree can participate. Each thread will have one opinion so there will be no name calling, hurt feeling or lectures.