Honored Contributor

Would stop saying "we're not doing this, we're not doing that, we're not going here or there."  We're not living .... we all get it.  It's depressing enough that we've been forced to live this way, but making reference to it constantly is not enjoyable to listen to.

Respected Contributor

Depressing?  Yes.  4,000 of our fellow Americans dead yesterday.  365,000 dead so far in the Pandemic.  Depressing?  Yes.  All I have to do to know how depressing it is is to talk to my son, a Registered Nurse, and my daughter, a Nurse Practicioner. 

Respected Contributor

I think they're simply reinforcing the fact that many prudent people aren't out shopping.

If you don't want to listen to a host, there is a really easy remedy.

Respected Contributor

Apparently the message is not getting through to enough people because the numbers are climbing at an alarming rate.  We are not the emus in the commercials that can hide our heads in the sand and make it go away by not speaking about it.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Would stop saying "we're not doing this, we're not doing that, we're not going here or there."  We're not living .... we all get it.  It's depressing enough that we've been forced to live this way, but making reference to it constantly is not enjoyable to listen to.

@rms1954 

It's a definite reality and if it bothers you why watch?

Honored Contributor

It's reality, you might as well get used to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wish the Hosts

[ Edited ]

The OP is simply making and expressing a "wish".  No harm in that.  A number of the responses seem, to me, to be a bit harsh.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The OP is simply making and expressing a "wish".  No harm in that.  A number of the responses seem, to me, to be a bit harsh.

@Johnnyeager  I agree.....can't someone just express a concern to ease their mind without someone jumping all over them?

Respected Contributor

I change the channel I don't need to be reminded !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager  I agree.....can't someone just express a concern to ease their mind without someone jumping all over them?

Great point! But the answer seems to be "no" on this forum. As soon as some expresses the least bit of dissatisfaction, they're jumped on and told to "switch the channel". SMH. So much for democracy.