Contributor

Wish QVC would use UPS for Returns

I returned 2 items and today I checked the tracking numbers. I dropped these off at my local post office on the 5/10 and it is now 5/15 and they are still only a few miles up the road in TX. If this was UPS the would be at there destination by now. It is annoying when you want a replacement of different size color etc. as you are wondering if they will be sold out before you item ever gets back to them. USPS is as slow as molasses and always has been, 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish QVC would use UPS for Returns

@LeeA7 

I agree, USPS is slow!

However, QVC is not using USPS for your return/exchange if you are using their preprinted label.

They are using a Third Party shipper.  Pkgs. sit and sit at the PO until they are picked up by this other shipper.  They then crawl back to QVC and can sit there a week or more til processed.

If I really wanted an exchange and was concerned it would sell out...I would call C/S and ask them to place the order immediately waiving the shipping charge!

Honored Contributor

I use UPS on my own, it costs me about 1.00 more to ship a package of returns

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@LeeA7 

I agree, USPS is slow!

However, QVC is not using USPS for your return/exchange if you are using their preprinted label.

They are using a Third Party shipper.  Pkgs. sit and sit at the PO until they are picked up by this other shipper.  They then crawl back to QVC and can sit there a week or more til processed.

If I really wanted an exchange and was concerned it would sell out...I would call C/S and ask them to place the order immediately waiving the shipping charge!

@RespectLife  I tried that and was told I would be charged for the shipping.  They have the worst exhanges ever.  I have said it before and will say it again HSN has the best.  You go to your order hit exchange, they send it out immediately and you have a few weeks to send yours back or you will be charged for both.  I love it!! 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky   You're right about HSN.  They send items quickly, and when I've had to call the CS about a wrong or damaged item beging received, they immediately send the replacement, giving me ample time to send the other one back to them.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@LeeA7 

I agree, USPS is slow!

@RespectLife  I tried that and was told I would be charged for the shipping.  They have the worst exhanges ever.  I have said it before and will say it again HSN has the best.  You go to your order hit exchange, they send it out immediately and you have a few weeks to send yours back or you will be charged for both.  I love it!! 

@Pecky 

Truly inconsistent policies.  I have done this several times.  Explained to C/S my item will be sold out by time I wait that LONG time and no problem....they did it each time w/o batting an eye!

was charged for the second order just to clarify.  However, they did not charge me shipping.  So it was the same cost.   I don't care if I am charged again.   When the original finally got back, I received a full credit.

Respected Contributor

I started shipping my returns by UPS, even though it costs a little more they receive it the next day and acknowledge within a few days of receipt. I’ve had them sit in PO for what seems like forever before they are picked and have also had issues with a few being lost. Just wonder, for exchanges can we use a carrier of our choice to get the item back to Q even though more expensive? I only tried an exchange once and it was a disaster experience.
Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@LeeA7 

I agree, USPS is slow!

I just brought something to the post office for HSN that I want to exchange. Then I went online, and they're already shipping out the replacement item. I also brought the Clarks TSV to exchange (they run small and not true to size). Now I'll have to wait a couple weeks at least for my exchange to be processed and received. They could easily run out of your size in the time it takes for them to ship out an exchange. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip, from now on I will be doing the same.  I miss the shipping they had before the new shipping method.  I rather pay a few more dollars than to deal with the ****** I've been going through now.  

Do you print your own labels or have UPS do it?

Thanks,

Deb G.

Contributor

Same here...I can't believe how long returns and exchanges are taking these days!