Respected Contributor

Interesting that they started "drinking" on-air after Founder Joseph Segel passed away. It seems all heck broke loose two years ago after he died, but this is just another marketing scheme from one Tammy Kriebel, so who's surprised?

Esteemed Contributor

Poor Tammy must have really done you wrong somewhere in your employment history there.

Super Contributor

Have you checked the jump in the number  of alcoholics, drug use, suicide over the last two years?  It has increased dramatically.  Why promote it while people are suffering?

Honored Contributor

Like every other tv show, it's NA. But it might be more interesting if it was real wine. I can't imagine hawking the same products day after day, week after week, year after year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Doesn't matter whether it is real or not, it is presented as real.  Would you object if they smoked dope or cigarettes?  Well, then why not object to another DUI promoting item?

I don't care what people do, but I do think product placement and encouraging drinking is not what QVC should be doing.  

@Sooner   Agree......I was going to post the similar thing......the implication is there that it is indeed wine and I don't see the need for it. 

Respected Contributor

It seems part of the acting thing that some hosts are doing like in the movies. I can understand a New Years Eve set or selling wine that makes sense to me. It it is over and over even on the Friday promos. Just overdone. Too predictable.  I drink wine but don't have a glass sitting around every night.

It isn't fashionable or cool any more. Like other sales ploys  and props that get stale and morphs  into a turn off over time. 

Honored Contributor

Most people in the old movies are smoking, drinking 🍷 or doing both 

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

It seems part of the acting thing that some hosts are doing like in the movies. I can understand a New Years Eve set or selling wine that makes sense to me. It it is over and over even on the Friday promos. Just overdone. Too predictable.  I drink wine but don't have a glass sitting around every night.

It isn't fashionable or cool any more. Like other sales ploys  and props that get stale and morphs  into a turn off over time. 

@Gorgf 

Your post put it in the proper perspective...

Its just another thing where QVC is like a Bull Dog with a chew toy, once QVC gets hooked on some gimmick they just wont let it go (no offense meant to Bull Dogs 😉)

The premise is that the hosts are your friends just you and them chillin together---QVC thinks it will draw people in and increase sales, BUT it becomes overkill and in reality the opposite happens ----and it ends up turning people off so they turn the channel... Unfortuanately for many viewers QVC doesnt "get that"......

Cant wait to see their latest financial report to see how they are actually doing...The "host are your friends" ploy never worked for QVC in the past, sales and revenues started to decline and it was the pandemic and quarantine that has helped QVC as people stayed in their homes and shopped, but people are becoming bored and want to get out and about and do some in store shopping for a nice change of pace...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I do not think that it is real wine, and I can't even remember the last time that I have even seen a host take a sip. Allie might have tonight, since they were doing a New Years drop of a mini ball. I really don't pay  close attention to it. 

I am another person that does not get what the uproar is over the hosts holding a glass of wine, and pretending to cheer people on with it.  Do you think that we are going to be overcome by the urge to go and drink a glass of alcohol? Have no fear, I am sure that the majority of the viewers are safe from the sinful urges. Jeez..

Exactly, and are those so bothered by it also outraged by all the alcohol commercials and drinking on tv shows and in the movies?  I don't think the hosts holding a glass of wine will turn us all into raging alcoholics.

Respected Contributor
I can’t imagine being so bored this is what I get outraged over. You do you though.