Esteemed Contributor

At least a  Thread about the same old thing for the New Year. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

It gets posters talking.

Respected Contributor

@@Gkhm wrote:

Have you checked the jump in the number  of alcoholics, drug use, suicide over the last two years?  It has increased dramatically.  Why promote it while people are suffering?

@Gkhm    My husband and I just had a pre dinner cocktail. We are not alcoholics, suicidal or using drugs. Alcohol is legal for those of us over 21. I would bet money that no one seeing a glass of wine or not wine on QVC is tempted to get drunk. If seeing a glass of wine is so offensive then turn the channel. This is such a non issue. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@@Gkhm wrote:

Have you checked the jump in the number  of alcoholics, drug use, suicide over the last two years?  It has increased dramatically.  Why promote it while people are suffering?

@Gkhm    My husband and I just had a pre dinner cocktail. We are not alcoholics, suicidal or using drugs. Alcohol is legal for those of us over 21. I would bet money that no one seeing a glass of wine or not wine on QVC is tempted to get drunk. If seeing a glass of wine is so offensive then turn the channel. This is such a non issue. 

Agree with you  @50Mickey !

Honored Contributor

For me this has nothing to do with encouraging drinking of wine or alcohol its more about a TIRED OLD STALE QVC sales gimmick that needs to be retired!  And yes I keep my trusty remote right by my side to make a change if needed....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

Can't anyone get through one hour without wine???

Can't we get through another year without hearing about wine???  Woman Frustrated

Frequent Contributor
No one drinking on HSN
Esteemed Contributor

I do believe it's the wine glass that makes some people think that the Hosts are drinking wine. Maybe they should use a coffee mug and pretent they are drinking wine.

Does anyone really think that QVC would want to take the responsibility if one of the Host fell off a chair while drinking "wine"? I don't think so. It's just common sense.

Why watch if it bothers you? I've never seen it because i don't watch QVC. I buy a lot though.

I could say something about that show (Today). Someone I know is responsible for pouring the "wine". Yea, that's funny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Gkhm wrote:

Can't anyone get through one hour without wine???

Can't we get through another year without hearing about wine???  Woman Frustrated

@Venezia  no, that's too easy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey QVC if you are still into the 'Wine Glass" it's winter time. Could you please switch to a mug that might have coffee or hot chocolate? Most people might prefer that.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I do believe it's the wine glass that makes some people think that the Hosts are drinking wine. Maybe they should use a coffee mug and pretent they are drinking wine.

Does anyone really think that QVC would want to take the responsibility if one of the Host fell off a chair while drinking "wine"? I don't think so. It's just common sense.

Why watch if it bothers you? I've never seen it because i don't watch QVC. I buy a lot though.

I could say something about that show (Today). Someone I know is responsible for pouring the "wine". Yea, that's funny.

@Sage04  Not only a host falling off a chair, but a host in a car accident on the way home from the job injuring themselves or someone else. Who would be responsible when they said my job made me drink? They are definitely not drinking alcohol on air. It is all pretend and look how many fell for it!