Honored Contributor

Re: Wine vendor calling customers selfish

Did her comment hit close to home?  Did you buy wine for a gift and end up consuming it all yourself?  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Oh good grief
Honored Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

I am currently watching Holiday Gourmet. Wine vendors says "You can give it as a gift or be selfish and keep it".  This annoys me. Look, they are in the business to SELL and make money, why should she care what we do with it once she has our money? Why would she be calling people selfish if they buy it for themselves?  It I was head of QVC I would have a chat with this vendor.  

It was a joke. Lighten up.

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with that comment.  I have at times purchased a gift at times and liked it so much thought --- I should keep it for myself!  LOL!  Also, when I shop at Christmas, I occasionally see something and purchase it for someone and then I decide to either keep it and get them something else or buy one for myself.  I honestly think the vendor was just trying to be humorous and thought maybe it would encourage even more sales.  The old --- one for you and one for me!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Wow if you look hard enough you will find something to be offended about, and you did.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Wow!  Just Wow!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow is right!

I've heard multiple guests joke many a time:  you may be buying this as a gift, but you'll end up keeping it for yourself self!

It's used very frequently for lots of different products. 

Honored Contributor

Everything uttered offends somebody these days.  I guess everybody's got to have a hobby. . . Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

It was said in jest; as a typical sales comment that has been said many times.  Listen to the overall context of the statement and situation.  It was not meant as an insult.

"Have a chat with the vendor."  Seriously??

Esteemed Contributor

SMHWoman Embarassed