Super Contributor

Re: Will she ever find her way?

I saw ""her"" yesterday on the Q and I thought the whole thing was rather awkward and odd. But that's just mho...

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2014 sparklestar said:
On 3/23/2014 Bird mama said:

Half the time she looks like she doesn't know how to read a map (lol)

That's what I found funny. She never really reads the map ... it's just blowing in the wind and she's looking all around her.

I find the promo amusing if not silly as well. :-)

Valued Contributor

Super Contributor

I always tell people to ask me for directions to my house rather than relying on GPS. When people have relied on it to get here, it takes them miles out of their way on dirt roads when we are only one mile up on a dirt road.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your post~it made me chuckle~I really needed to find something to smile about today.

Honored Contributor

I pull up maps on-line.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Things that make you go hmmmm. Like your humor!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

I love the ad! And if you lived out in the country in Pa., you would understand! Also, she is not on the highway, but out in the country.

Plus, she is driving a vintage car...I find the ad so pretty, and completely charming! But then, I am 64 years old, so looking at a map seems perfectly normal to me!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Not sure people use paper maps anymore.....don't most people use Garmin GPS or their iPad? (Confession: I actually like paper maps!...but I don't use them.) Smiley Happy

Hi, We use GPS, but I still respect paper maps.

A little OT. We were returning from vacation a couple of weeks ago and came upon a 7 mile traffic jam resulting from two accidents. The GPS guided us off the interstate and directed us around for an hour and a half, only to reroute us back onto the interstate. The GPS didn't have real time traffic installed, so it kept taking us to the original route. Times like that I wish we had a paper map. Nothing like a big map for trying to find different route compared to a little screen.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure she really doesn't care if she's lost - she has a topped up fuel tank and a WAY HOT RED RAG TOP!!!

Having been a former owner of a HOT SILVER GREY RAG TOP this is how I felt when I was driving it!!!!!!!!!!!! so sad I don't have that Honda S2K....