Reply
Contributor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎05-25-2018

I read that all non-essential bisinesses in PA are ordered to close. How is QVC still on? I admit AM style is a nice break from Covid news but is this an essential business, and what about the health of the QVC employees, models and vendors?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎12-08-2017

I was wondering about that too and also always love to tune into Leah Sat AM.

 

I'm sure right now all of the shopping channels are trying to put to togther pre-recorded videos. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 53,031
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

My prediction is that we will see purposely chosen hosts and models.  Those who are not in a high risk group for spreading, those who live close to the studio, those who can handle longer shifts and can sell a variety of items, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,771
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Will QVC Remain On?

[ Edited ]

They sell food, cleaning supplies, towels etc.  Q has essential items with no instore shoppers, their studio should be cleaner than any food store.

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,492
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Will QVC Remain On?

[ Edited ]

@Makeda2 wrote:

I read that all non-essential bisinesses in PA are ordered to close. How is QVC still on? I admit AM style is a nice break from Covid news but is this an essential business, and what about the health of the QVC employees, models and vendors?


If you read Gov Wolf's list of essentials and non -  mail order and e-trade retailers are permitted to continue selling.

 

Q is obviously practicing social distancing.  Not using as many models either.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,817
Registered: ‎03-28-2016

I don't see why not. There's little to no chance of large gatherings of people. The hosts and vendors all seem to be practicing social distancing. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,888
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Yes, they plan to stay on air.

 

We've seen a limited number of QVC vendors still show up, with most doing video call-ins. But starting this Monday, there will be no on-air vendors on set for the foreseeable future.  One of the vendors mentioned it on their FB page today.  There will be a few today and tomorrow,  but that's it.  

Some of the models are also not working during this time. Vendors and models do not work for QVC, so like so many millions more, they have no income unless they have other side jobs in industries that are not vulnerable right now.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 544
Registered: ‎11-18-2012
I thank them for being a distraction!!!!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 712
Registered: ‎06-27-2016

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Yes, they plan to stay on air.

 

We've seen a limited number of QVC vendors still show up, with most doing video call-ins. But starting this Monday, there will be no on-air vendors on set for the foreseeable future.  One of the vendors mentioned it on their FB page today.  There will be a few today and tomorrow,  but that's it.  

Some of the models are also not working during this time. Vendors and models do not work for QVC, so like so many millions more, they have no income unless they have other side jobs in industries that are not vulnerable right now.


@Caaareful Shopper  So, will all vendors just be on the phone or either via video? I think that is actually pretty smart on their part. I really apprecaite that they are even staying on the air. It's a welcome change from all the negativity going on in the world today. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,888
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Yes, they plan to stay on air.

 

We've seen a limited number of QVC vendors still show up, with most doing video call-ins. But starting this Monday, there will be no on-air vendors on set for the foreseeable future.  One of the vendors mentioned it on their FB page today.  There will be a few today and tomorrow,  but that's it.  

Some of the models are also not working during this time. Vendors and models do not work for QVC, so like so many millions more, they have no income unless they have other side jobs in industries that are not vulnerable right now.


@Caaareful Shopper  So, will all vendors just be on the phone or either via video? I think that is actually pretty smart on their part. I really apprecaite that they are even staying on the air. It's a welcome change from all the negativity going on in the world today. 


@BrandiDavis  At least two vendors have posted that they will be virtually unemployed -- no QVC appearances mean no paycheck for them at all.  Vendors are self-employed.  

 

For those that posted, they said no telephone or video hosting either.  I think that has to be the case for all the vendors then.