Trusted Contributor

Re: Will Huggable Hangers be Back?

I will never purchase JM's huggable hangers again. They keep breaking all the time! 

Respected Contributor

So many quality products have been cheapened over the years. 
My twenty year old Joy Huggable Hangers are still going strong. 
The knock offs didn't last for   

Honored Contributor

I have more Huggable Hangers than I'll ever need, but I wouldn't buy them again anyway.  The set that I got maybe 15 years ago (?) are still perfect.

The two sets I bought in more recent years were - to put it bluntly - junk.  Some arrived broken and I got those replaced.  Others literally fell apart on the closet rail with nothing on them.  The hook and "hanger" just separated.  I'd hear a noise, check it out, and another hanger had bitten the dust.

I had noticed that they seemed thinner and more so at the point where the hook was inserted.  I have the older set to compare them to, so it's not my imagination.  It seems, like many things, they were cheapened, probably to save on production costs.

Might as well buy the less expensive ones from Sam's or Target.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia  That's what keeps happening to me, the hook breaks off the hanger.  Even though I purchased the original, and not the knock offs, they still break.

Valued Contributor

The dollar stores have them 10/1.00

Trusted Contributor

@deeva wrote:

So many quality products have been cheapened over the years. 
My twenty year old Joy Huggable Hangers are still going strong. 
The knock offs didn't last for   

So true.  I bought a lot from when they first appeared on HSN over 20 years ago.   The more recent ones seems more flimsy and some have come apart at the handle.  

Respected Contributor

I have tried a bunch of the different brands of "huggable hangers" style and find that they break much more frequently.  I never broke a real huggable hanger and I prefer them based on my own experiences with different brands.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I've gotten "off brand" huggable hangers at Boscov's.  Much, much cheaper.  Better colors too.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like the hangers have changed over the years like many other products.  For example, I still have my Dooney & Burke handbags that I purchased in the 1990's along with Brahmin bags.  They are so well made with quality materials.  The zippers still work smoothly and the stitching is intact.   Nothing like what you purchase now under the same brand names.  Dooney was proudly made in the USA.  My generation expected things to last for years.  I have to say that I found most of Joy's products to be "junk" but for the huggable hangers.  Just my opinion.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I have mostly Joy's original hangers and I love them. I've also bought similar hangers from QVC.  I like that those have built in hook for cascading them, but they aren't as sturdy as Joy's.  I've had many from the Q break, but no breakage from Joy's.