Contributor

Why was a TSV shoe listed as "in stock" then changed to "Advanced Order"

[ Edited ]

I ordered the TSV New Balance shoe and when I put it in my cart online it was listed as "in stock".  Then when the order was completed after entering a payment method, it authomatically changed to Advanced Order status.  Now it says it won't be delivered until February - at least that is the date that is projected.  We know those delivery dates never correspond to the real delivery date. 

What's up with this? Why don't they let us know up front that they don't have enough stock to fulfill an order right away? Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Why was a TSV shoe listed as "in stock" then changed to "Advanced Order"

I had the same thing happen when I ordered but I had watched a presentation before I placed my order and the host said it was an advanced order so I was prepared for that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sabandrusty 

That happened to me too on a Valerie Parr Hill item.....  I dont mind if they warn ahead of time that this item is on Advanced Order but on other products they say nothing and customers aren't notified until after the order is already placed which is not a good busines practice...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Usually they do put it up on screen with item description , at least in the past they have.

Super Contributor

Marybeth said they would not ship until 1/25 during her presentation. I did not see any note of this on the screen so I was surprised when she said that. 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Usually they do put it up on screen with item description , at least in the past they have.

@MW in Iowa 

What's happening is QVC isnt always putting it on the screen and its not even mentioned in the presentation either...we dont find out about until its after the fact....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”