Frequent Contributor

Why the increased focus on behind the scenes employees?

I've noticed recently that hosts are showing cameramen, people in the conrtrol room, etc.

This is obviously intentional and was wondering if the hosts ever mentioned that this would be occuring more?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Why the increased focus on behind the scenes employees?

i have heard it explained countless times.

it's friends and family month.   these folks are behind the scenes q family.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

It's part of the "Friends and Family Month" promotion—they have said they're sharing more about the QVC family and how everyone works together to present what viewers see on air.

Esteemed Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

I've noticed recently that hosts are showing cameramen, people in the conrtrol room, etc.

This is obviously intentional and was wondering if the hosts ever mentioned that this would be occuring more?  

My guess just another tactic to make people feel they are part of this TV family. @FishandSnail  You can see they are trying to reinvent. They are an obsolete model. 

Respected Contributor

I like the idea.  It is nice to see those behind the scenes that make the show possible.  Their jobs are just as important to the program as the hosts.  Each has their own contribution.

Occasional Contributor

As someone who worked in TV for years- the behind the scenes people are the people that make the broadcast happen.  They put in long hours and are very often not thanked for their hard work.  They are probably paid a great deal less than the on-air talent.  Most on-air talent should be grateful for their work-.   Behind the scene people make the magic happen- 

Honored Contributor

It's a great idea, imo.

Would also like to see the various sets, camera people, etc.

The Q has the very best of background sets, 'rooms', etc., imo.  Even the 'outdoor' settings.

All very well done.   Wishing all employees success.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I have to say, I like it.  I do know that David seems very kind to all the stage crew that helps remove sell outs, etc. He often mentions the camera people or producers.  He always seems appreciative of the workers.  

Respected Contributor

The employees behind-the scenes probably want and requested (and deserve) a raise in pay.  Maybe QVC said no way.  So, the PTB are trying alternative ways to mollify their disgruntled employees.  Just a guess on my part.