Super Contributor

H229451  Valerie Parr Hill lanterns

I remember these from last October, today they are marked down to $29 as a Big Deal.  She sold them with her 15" pumpkins which were adorable. 

But reviews have miraculously disappeared, yet all of the Q&A remains so it is the same #.   I do remember a lot of reviewers had negative comments such as 'glass broke upon arrival', etc.   So why QVC would you try to dupe your potential customers by removing all comments?

Trusted Contributor

@MarcyG72 I was going to order last year until I read the poor reviews.  This isn't the first time it was at a reduced price.  Must be having a hard time getting rid of them.

Trusted Contributor

Use the QVC app.  All the reviews are there. Rated 4 out of 5 stars by 68 people.

They only hide the reviews on the website when they bring back a previous TSV/Big Deal at a lower price.  The app always shows them.

Respected Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

So why QVC would you try to dupe your potential customers by removing all comments?

They weren't removed, if you shut down your computer and start it back up again they will be there. I have an Apple Mac air and I have to do that every so often to see the reviews even though the questions show up.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm on a PC using Firefox and I can read the reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I can see reviews—and I own two of these lanterns and think they're fantastic. I wish I'd been able to get such a great deal on them!

Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72,

I am using Chrome and you cannot see the reviews, just 27 questions! 

Happy Friday Everyone

Super Contributor

@meallen616 

Must be an issue with "Chrome" ... I do not use the Q APP as another suggested.  Oh well, I do not need another lantern especially from China.   ;-)    Happy Friday to you too!

Esteemed Contributor

That is a good deal but I really don't need another lantern!  LOL........I do not like the ones like that with the fixed candle inside, no way, as it's most likely unusable if the candle stops working at some point.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why remove reviews?

[ Edited ]

@MarcyG72 wrote:

I remember these from last October, today they are marked down to $29 as a Big Deal.  She sold them with her 15" pumpkins which were adorable. 

But reviews have miraculously disappeared, yet all of the Q&A remains so it is the same #.   I do remember a lot of reviewers had negative comments such as 'glass broke upon arrival', etc.   So why QVC would you try to dupe your potential customers by removing all comments?

@MarcyG72 

The reason the broken glass ones were removed because thats a packing/shipping issue and those kind of things are supposed to be addressed through CS and not in reviews, this also helps to assure the customer gets refunded for the original shipping costs in addition to the item,otherwise you'll only get the item cost refunded.....It also states that in the Review Guidelines--if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Reach out to us directly.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”