Respected Contributor

Re: Why not just do 2 hours ITKWD

For a long time now, I see what the TSV is when I go online, and I don't tune in at all to QVC if it's an item I'm not interested in.  That one item seems to set the theme for the day.  I agree it's a shame that they interrupt a cooking show to show items that have nothing to do with cooking.

Respected Contributor

ITKWD has become ITKWTSV.  I'm done with both.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There was also about a half hour spent on that floor mop, so I don't think there were even two hours of ITKWD.

Esteemed Contributor

I would end up buying some kitchen gadget every Sunday it seemed when his shows were about cooking.....now I barely watch it and I like David....

Honored Contributor

@fuzzball76 wrote:

Oh that is the final jeopardy question. How much are you willing to wager on a topic you will never get a true answer for? By the way, it's in sanity points as to why q does the things they do. 

Why do fast food places are remodeling into 2 ordering lanes but still only have 1 pay and 1 drive thru window?

Why does your favorite radio station suddenly switch formats?

Why is your favorite tv show cancelled?

Why does qvc continue to allow their sales people to spend 59 minutes blabbering on about vacays,kids, themselves and 1 min talking about the actual product. You wonder why some of the vendors have to YELL or talk non stop..CAUSE THEY HAVETOO! 

Why does qvc CONSTANTLY air the same items 24 hours a day...beauty,clothes,cooking/food, electronics,vacuums when according to a stockholders meeting posted earlier these items are tanking in sales for the past 5 years?

I will give you the educated answer. It is called focus groups. They get 12 peiople in a room. Bribe them with food and a token paycheck to give an"honest...answer wink wink" Believe me, I have worked in marketing long enough to know that people will say they like the product just to get called back, a paycheck,a job, a chance to maybe catch a "celebrity" eating a bagel in the cafe or adjusting themselves coming out of bathroom.

Alot of time its just to get away from the spouse or kids for a day.

Sometimes it is a email,a phone call or a survey in the mal. The problem is, something that may work in area say the south, does not work in the east. Qvc has people who get paid to market. They say sales go up when someone talks about their family or some starstruck person gets to talk on air. Do you think the caller is going to tell the host to shut up, not blabber on about the 599th trip to disney or dance recitals and just sell the blessed product? Or will the censors let someone who has had a bad experience? 

Who knows why the powers that be do what they do completely. Apparently that picture of the boss playing golf with Satan has landed in certain hands. That may be enough to secure a place on a lifeboat of a distressed ship if needed.

@fuzzball76

But a bigger indicator is QVC's bottom line and from reading the reports from last year and the 1st quarter this year, and their recent Press Conference, whatever their Marketing Department and Facebook Friends are telling them isn't working so some changes need to be made because they seem to be losing their long time customers and what someone that worked in retail told me....tougher to bring in new customers than to retain current ones, and QVC needs to look at keeping their current customers engaged!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I would end up buying some kitchen gadget every Sunday it seemed when his shows were about cooking.....now I barely watch it and I like David....

@Nataliesgramma

Between all the prepared food and the lengthy TSV presentation ITKWD is just not an option for me ......  When its offseason time for the NFL, QVC might have an opportunity to draw in some viewers, but with repetitive products, and lengthy TSV presentations, QVC is not appealing at all!!!  I think David is a good sales person so QVC thinks he can sell anything so they bring in a non-kitchen related item during his show thinking he will bring in the sales...but I think its backfiring on QVC...........

Like you @Nataliesgramma  when they had a lot of unique and new kitchen gadgets I would purchase quite a few of them and I still have them and use them even now....but now I dont even watch anymore....I might check to see what's being presented but I flip right by QVC.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday was brutal.   Everytime I turned to Q it was Echo time, and when I would switch to HSN it was Chef Stone.   

At least Chef Stone is easy on the eyes.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@SpurtAnd look at all the money you save on not being tempted, by "when It's Gone It's Gone" Agree!!

@BeccaLou

Gee I miss going through the colors one more time.Woman Wink  Your correct QVC doesn't get my money....but if I need something for the kitchen it means my money will go to someone else ..................too bad for QVC......their bad choices, result in their loss of ca$h and that mean it isnt GONE from the warehouse either......Woman LOL