Contributor

Why is shipping weeks down the road acceptable?

I've noticed clothing, household items, now today "Gaze wine" having weeks wait.....6 weeks wait till you get it? TSV's saying won't ship until....whatever the date is which is at least a month away? Why is this acceptable and why is the QVC customer ok with this by even ordering it? As soon as I see that I'm like no way. If I want to order something, it's because I'd like it in a reasonable time frame. QVC's business model is so broken with shipping AND returns. Look at Amazon. Their return process is amazing. I don't order anything now which is sad. I'm writing this so someone who gives a blank at QVC will see this; not for people to jump down my throat if they don't like my post. I won't revisit this post at all. Had to voice my opinion and that is it. I love QVC but watching it decline in so many ways is heartbreaking.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is shipping weeks down the road acceptable?

It is not acceptable . Extended delivery is a dealbreaker for me, regardless of the item. 

In stock shipping takes long enough!

Regular Contributor

I am beginning to think QVC is only taking orders, not selling inventory.  It simply cannot take this long to get things out of a warehouse.  

They are basically taking advanced orders I think.  They sell something listed "in stock."  And right away it goes to prepping your order (which can last weeks or a month or more) and you can't cancel.  

Then it goes to backordered.  Then they get in MORE of the same item, which are listed as "in stock" and yours is still backordered.

This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.  They are selling promised goods, not in stock items. 

Valued Contributor

My EDD on the TSV, Gaze wine, is July 1. Let's see if they can actually get it to me, hopefully before the Fourth of July.
Nothing else, MukLuks, Anybody or Koolaburra is on time, they don't even ship until after the delivery date.
Valued Contributor

I first noticed it before Mother's Day when cuddle duds was selling a cute pajama set, that I wanted shipped to my sister in Florida. When I was looking to see if my order shipped I realize that the three different orders I placed, weren't shipping until delivery date would be after Mother's Day. How disingenuous to advertise this pajama, before Mother's Day as if a person could have it for Mother's Day Knowing full well it wouldn't be. I was discussing it with my daughter and she said that she had ordered me one and now she would go and cancel it. I also noticed that with a pull over from Kim Gravelle. Still hasn't shipped. I think it will be at the end of June.

Honored Contributor

Many like you are angry, as well, and it's not acceptable.

We can explain some of it like manufacturing delays, ships not being unloaded, ground delays,  but that's not acceptable because this is what happens when a country depends on another  country for most of its products.  

It also doesn't explain why my orders from other retailers are processed quickly.   Even with QVC's sister, HSN.  

It also doesn't explain ordering something implied to be in stock, then goes back and forth between backorder and preparing your order.  

Outwardly, from customers' perspective, QVC appears to be dysfunctional and offers no explanation.  QVC's silence regarding the matter is most disturbing.  You have two choices.  Put up with it or buy elsewhere.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Foxxee ....

It will be interesting to see what Valerie's ship dates will be....

Last year some things NEVER arrived...

Respected Contributor

FYI, The day after I complained in Customer Care forum, my stuff shipped...

Honored Contributor

It is acceptable because some of us don't care that the ship date is later.  That's why.

They clearly stated a future ship date, so order or don't!

It isn't up to me to find it acceptable or not that others ordered it.  I do my own shopping and let others do the same.  None of my business why some choose to shop here or not.

None of anyone's business why someone decided to order this product.

What I don't find acceptable is a post that opens up a dialog about something and then states they are NOT coming back.

So don't post in the first place!