Esteemed Contributor

@Razzle dazzle1234 wrote:

What about us small folks a tunic is like a dress on me ? Hope designers are reading this 

I agree....and so many people believe it makes them look slimmer or hides things.....it often accentuates things...i remember Louis D. saying the same thing a couple years back how a shorter top shows more shape and creates a slimmer look......................................

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is everything Tunic

[ Edited ]

I think the shorter tops stop and brings the eye to the hips which could be the the fullest part of an apple shaped body, and I dont think thats slenderizing at all.....Im not saying a tunic is the most flattering, but just a slightly longer top is more slimming, those tops that stop right above the waist bring the eye to the hips.....just like the shark bite hems empahsizze the crotch...thats not attractive at all JMHO!

Just like we were talking on the other post about Isaacs TSV and where the top hit on the host wasnt very faltering to her, it empahsized her hips on an apple shape thats not good...a longer top looked better

To each their own and what looks best on you is the key...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I'm short-waisted and tunics look ridiculous on me.

Valued Contributor

Same with me. They make me looking like I'm wearing a dress ontop of pants.

I now shop for tops on LLBean or Lands End which both carry petite sizes. I hate long tops and think they make you look heavier.

Trusted Contributor

I have been noticing a lot of tunics lately too.  I used to wear them, but I don't wear them at all anymore.  I don't feel like they look good on my body-type.

However, they sell so many other things.  It's easy to find something else.

Super Contributor

@justashopper

I agree.  When wearing jeans, dress slacks or skirts I never wear a tunic.  I have actually gotten away over the past few years of wearing leggings for anything other than working out.  It's not a good habit to always be wearing garments with an expandable waistline and a tunic top is another means of hiding behind extra fabric all the time.  Occasionally is fine but QVC still has a very relaxed selection of clothing...not much to offer for a profession woman.   

Valued Contributor

QVC doesn't care about the regular size people anymore.....everything with them  has gone big now - even many of their models.  If  you see a  thinb model they  are almost  always 5'7 or 5'9.  And thedse tunics are beginning to look horrible because they fall belowe tyhe butt in the back and if the leghs are spread apasrt you can see the tunic between the legs in the back.  Not a good look at all and I wish their so-called designers would start to make changes...the long look tunic is going out now just as the skinny jeans and pants are going on....back to the straight legs which, to me, is far more flatt5ering.

Honored Contributor

I am 5'5"....I do not like tunics, but I do have a few.  I still tuck on occasion and tunics are to long to tuck.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why is everything Tunic

[ Edited ]

I am 5'4" and many of the tunics just look overwhelming on me. If I am lucky enough to find a solid, spandex- free, without minus shark bite or high low hems, it is rare. Worse is the swing top...just adds pounds. I know what length looks best on me and check the measurements..,I have to pass up almost all of them. A petite tunic only works if it is proportioned right, not just shorter in length.

Occasional Contributor
Honestly, I’ve stopped buying clothing from the Q. I’m 5’6” but wear a small size, and it seems like everything is so darn oversized. Just got tired of sending so many things back. Have found other retailers that fit me much better, are also much less expensive, and usually qualify for free shipping! Free shipping, now there’s a concept!