Trusted Contributor

Re: Why don't they eat the food

I understand why they are not eating the food if it's due to the virus. Also who knows how long it's been left out. However I get so frustrated seeing all the waste. They go a little overboard on displays if it's going to get thrown away.   

Honored Contributor

Even before covid, I wouldn't eat food that sat under hot lights for an hour or more. And who knows how long it sat under those lights and how many people touched it before the actual show.  And if I won't eat it, I'm not giving it to someone else.  

It's the cost of doing business just like models wearing clothes or shoes and then Q selling them as-is.

Respected Contributor

They have explained this many times. They cannot taste the food during COvid-19

Trusted Contributor

I am sure someone eats the food.There certainly are people there other than the hosts.If the hosts are allowed to eat,maybe after there shift.

Honored Contributor

'Side-tracking' the thread:

I'm still not a fan of dipping fingers into tubs of creams, butters, etc.

Lots of various hosts' fingers dipping, unless they hopefully have a new tub for each host, each show.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

They aren’t permitted to eat the food due to Covid. If it were individually packaged for a specific host it would be allowed. The State DOH has guidelines that must be followed re food/serving etc during the pandemic.

Food banks do not accept all foods. They have strict guidelines for the protection of their clients.
Respected Contributor

I'm sure someone else has posted this, but. . .if it bothers you to see possibly deranged food left uneaten, please change the channel.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry if someone mentioned this, but I wonder why they can drink wine? I saw Alberti start to pick up his coffee cup to take a drink the other day, but he looked like he suddenly remembered not to. But this morning Carolyn was sipping wine. Hmm.

Respected Contributor

Glad to see hosts not eating on air...not pleasant to watch some of the unprofessional ones with a food product. Prefer if  hosts continue to never eat on air...it makes the shows tolerable if you like food shows!  Some hosts like AP, RB & JC I refuse to watch due to the childishness!  Also heard that food presented or prepared goes to the staff. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Glad to see hosts not eating on air...not pleasant to watch some of the unprofessional ones with a food product. Prefer if  hosts continue to never eat on air...it makes the shows tolerable if you like food shows!  Some hosts like AP, RB & JC I refuse to watch due to the childishness!  Also heard that food presented or prepared goes to the staff. 

@ScarletDove I agree and hope they never go back to eating, too! I now record and rush through to see if they have anything new to offer. 

I'm very sensitive to how food is prepared; how food is handled; and how it is eaten. I'm not a meat eater, so I think this is particularly bad. I think this just might be a "me" problem as it can turn me off eating real fast. I've often wondered if many were like this....