Honored Contributor

Re: Why don't they eat the food

I wouldn't want to eat it, covid or not.  Imagine how many hands have handled that food before it reaches the counter.  Then think of hot lights beaming on it for who knows how long before it's aired.  

Occasional Visitor

I agree with you.  Think they make waaay too much food if they just trashing at this time.  They can make a point without making ten recipes to see ok Temptations casseroles.  I do not miss all the eye rolls, etc. (Also all the kissing that used to go on)
Respected Contributor

Probably same reason buffets, salad bars, hot food bars, various other foods that were self serve in grocery stores, all done away with during pandemic. Would not surprise me if it all becomes the new normal moving forward. The Q food is prepared in advance and sits out who knows how long with unknown numbers of people breathing on it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Grouchomarx    See if you can make a guess as to why they don't eat the food during a pandemic.

@Kachina624   New thread, same subject almost every day.

Actually I looked through the Q talk threads back to 7/19 and did not see any subject lines that would seem to be the same topic.  I don't think more than 8 days ago is exactly "almost every day".  

@Grouchomarx  Actually there's a current thread under Suggestion Box, it's about halfway down page one on my computer.  

New Contributor

Don't know but what really bothers me is the fact that they have tables filled with food and play around with it like children when there are families that don't know how they're going to feed their family from day to day. 

Contributor

COVID rules. I'm sure what they touch and show goes in the trash too.

loved your comment that they look like they've never seen food before! made me laugh out loud!

New Contributor

Even though they're not allowed to eat the food, they still keep touching it.  That's terrible.  The food could be donated to a local Chester County Food Bank.  I agree with Corita that the hosts were piggish, eating lots of the food like they had never seen food before.  Also, during Covid, the food prices have increased tremendously.

Also, the shipping & handling on the food is not actually free.  The price of that is worked into the item price which is why they're so high.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I don't even watch the food shows anymore.  The amount of food they waste is a disgrace, especially during a time when more and more people are going hungry.

And don't get me started how utterly disgusting they are when they pull apart food with their bare hands and then show a close up.  Yuck.

@ChillyTulip 

I have no idea why that grosses me out so much. I was watching a candy show the other night, and I don't remember the host and it's not important, but she was pulling each of the chocolates apart and squeezing them to show what was inside. It bothered me. I was thinking they have a bunch of them already cut open to show the insides why not just show the insides of the samples that are already cut open. 

Honored Contributor

@Cheryliti wrote:

Even though they're not allowed to eat the food, they still keep touching it.  That's terrible.  The food could be donated to a local Chester County Food Bank.  I agree with Corita that the hosts were piggish, eating lots of the food like they had never seen food before.  Also, during Covid, the food prices have increased tremendously.

Also, the shipping & handling on the food is not actually free.  The price of that is worked into the item price which is why they're so high.

Yeah right!  Do you really think a food bank wants this food?  Do you think people who visit a food bank would eat it?

Just because people need help affording food doesn't mean they will want food that has been opened and presented on air...touched or not.

I wouldn't eat it and wouldn't donate it to anyone else.  It is not morally correct to donate food sitting out all day too those who are hungry.  They deserve better.