Regular Contributor

Re: Why doesnt David Venable leave to create his own biz?

This was the best response!

Valued Contributor

Don't forget about his cookbooks that QVC markets for him. He is doing well and seems to love it. The only thing I can see him doing that could be better is his own show on the food network, but not a business.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC will leave David, as in it will cease to exist, before David ever leaves Q. My hunch about him is that he is very smart with his money and can probably retire early to a beach somewhere.  He has probably made a fortune just off his cookbooks.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think QVC will leave David, as in it will cease to exist, before David ever leaves Q. My hunch about him is that he is very smart with his money and can probably retire early to a beach somewhere.  He has probably made a fortune just off his cookbooks.

I agree. I think David's a smart cookie (pun intended) and will just stay put as long as possible.

I do foresee QVC being in serious trouble in the next few years and it may cease to exist as we experience it now - or as anyone would tune in to watch. So most of the hosts are probably looking at the possibility of being pink-slipped, and probably know it. The smart ones will hang into the salary and benefits as long as they're offered.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Look at Paul and Judy on evine it took them some years but they do very well there. They said they never want to show host again.

I wouldn't think anyone on Evine "does very well" compared to QVC unless it's Invicta.

LOL-You mean Evine isn't the Invicta channel?

I'm with many of the other posters-not everyone is unhappy with their jobs-many actually love what they do and where they do it-as is evidenced  by a majority of the long term hosts and employees-

It's my understanding, QVC treats all level of employees  very well-

Why mess with a good thing?

Honored Contributor

He is only known to shoppers on the Q.  In the real world I doubt he would go over that well....he is a salesman. Nothing more. Nothing special.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes in life, when you've made changes, you discover you may not have the best job in the world, but it's far, far from the worst.

Esteemed Contributor

Many have tried few have succeeded.  The track record of great success for former QVC hosts is not good.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

To taste food and make a stupid face???

No one beyond Q Land knows who he is.

I agree.  And what do you think he would do?  Where else can you sell pots and can openers on tv?  I can't imagine how that talent would transfer. . . 

QVC Customer Care