New Contributor

Re: Why does it take so long for an item to be received?

[ Edited ]

Someone got into my account madec this post so i deleted & put this.

Contributor

Placed an order on 9/29 -it's STILL "in process", pushing 3 weeks and item hasn't even shipped yet.This item was in stock at time of order.  I use Amazon frequently and shipping is super fast - always.  The Q is losing touch with providing a good customer experience, in my  opinion.

Honored Contributor

IQVCs shipping is so erratic---theres prob a reason for it--I ordered an item on 10/10 and got it 10/16--I'm on the west coast---but I ordered another thing the next day---and it just got shipped yesterday and will get it next week. I give up!!!

Regular Contributor

The battling with the PO is sometimes not worth the item I have ordered. I order from Amazon and Walmart mostly and never have I had to wait a long time for an order to arrive. Old Wally World sends UPS and it takes maybe 2 days to get the order just a tad longer for Amazon. Yet the Q that is supposed to be better than sliced bread has not learned the technique of shipping with one carried instead of the way late surepost they send to the PO. In all honesty, I think they make money off of shipping. Not caring about us but making as many dollars as possible whereas Wally world will send you everything they got within a few days. Your order does not sit for days!! Sometimes I think the orders are taking from India or Ten Buck Two, and it takes them a while to understand how to send the orders to the distribution centers!!

That is the way I see it and the way I'm gonna believe it! Smiley Tongue

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

@HandbagHoarder wrote:

Placed an order on 9/29 -it's STILL "in process", pushing 3 weeks and item hasn't even shipped yet.This item was in stock at time of order.  I use Amazon frequently and shipping is super fast - always.  The Q is losing touch with providing a good customer experience, in my  opinion.

Oh no!  Started a thread in customer care about my order from 10/8, still being in process.  You have my sympathy.  

Esteemed Contributor

Shopping Dillard's on-line is such a pleasure. Packages arrive within three or four days! If I need to return something, no expensive shipping. I return it to the store! Easy peasy. And, the quality is high-end, name brand merchandise. Imagine that! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Why can some large companies get it right and others not so much.  Here's a recent positive experience I had with super quick shipping and it was free.  I had been wanting a pair of Uggs in the color Chocolate and shopping around online I noticed my size wasn't available.  I went on Ugg's direct website and found them.  I also was pleasantly surprised they advertised Free Shipping so I ordered them direct from them.  Now, I ordered these later in the evening like around 9 p.m. at night.  The following day I received an email saying that my Uggs were being shipped out and on their way.  The following day after that, they were delivered.   Very impressed with Uggs!

Respected Contributor

I've been waiting a couple weeks for a set of sheets.  Actually, I forgot I ordered them.  Maybe that's why it takes so long to receive an item.  The Q is hoping people forget.  QVC has the payment, but the order is lost and forgotten. 

Respected Contributor

I just checked on my forgotten order.  It was placed on Oct 2, delivery date is Nov. 2.  I do not recall if it was an advance order.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Why does it take so long for an item to be received? In checking the status of orders, it seems like the packages are held up for an extended period of time. It has been taking my orders 7 to 10 days to arrive, which is too long. Ever since QVC started shipping via the United States Postal Service instead of UPS, it takes much longer. This is very frustrating for buyers who want their packages right away. The shipping costs are already high, we do not need to incur extra shipping charges just to get them in adecent time frame.

I would never order Christmas gifts from QVC EVER!   Snail mail! Every other company  I order from ships FAST and cheap if not free.