Regular Contributor

Re: Why does it take so long for an item to be received?

I too am fed up with the time it takes to receive an item.  I have orders out since befroe Thanksgiving.  The post office is really a big hold up and Q is  NOT regtting orders out as quickly as they used to.  Amazon will soon be killing QVC too

Valued Contributor

My items originated in San Francisco and so far it’s been TEN DAYS! The reason for my frustration? We live just outside L.A.!!!! And 20 minutes from QVC - Ontario! Even worse!

Honored Contributor

Surepost is the cheapest type of mail.  Typically, tracking is minimal and it takes a LOT longer to get to its destination.  I compare Surepost to a "when you have time, can you....."   With the corporate contract Q has with USPS, it has to cost pennies on the dollar to mail.  

Contributor

QVC spends a lot of money convincing you to purchase a product; as a result, actually getting the product to you in a timely manner is not cost effective for their bottom line.   You need to ask yourself prior to purchasing: can I wait a month to receive this? Do I care if I never receive it? Am I ok with having to contact customer service to cancel or reship?  Am I ok with disputing the debit on my credit/debit card?  

These are the questions I must ask myself going forward as I am still (on 12/5/18) waiting on an order placed 11/20/18 with an EDD of 11/29/18. 

Respected Contributor

Too long to get things, and way too long for returns to get back and processed.

I live a few hours from the final destination and my packages take 9 days to get there?  This is absurd, especially when I am spending $6.95 for the label!  I think the packages are sitting at the post office for days before they are even shipped out!  

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I think it depends on what warehouse product is coming from as to speed of delivery.  The In Process time sometimes is a bit slow.  But there are other times when I think "Wow" that was fast.  This is why I think it is the individual warehouse of shipping.  Some are more efficient than others.

Respected Contributor

QVC is too slow and they seem to be using the postal service more than they used to..sometimes Ive seen items shipped UPS to the Postal Service then to my home..so instead of getting it directly from UPS I wait an additional 3 or 4 days waiting on the USPS. Amazon is cleaning QVCs clock.

I have been experiencing the same the last few years, what I am seeing is a trend, the ones that take a long time processing I'm wondering are just not in stock, and they are waiting on returns? Just a theory, but it does make me wonder especially since the last 3-4 items recieved were clearly returns due to the way they had been repackaged in a sloppy manner, and shipped from Ontario, CA maybe its a hub for West Coast returns?. In addition the last shirt reeked of perfume. I will be ordering far less in future, we deserve better.