Esteemed Contributor

Why does it take so long for an item to be received?

Why does it take so long for an item to be received? In checking the status of orders, it seems like the packages are held up for an extended period of time. It has been taking my orders 7 to 10 days to arrive, which is too long. Ever since QVC started shipping via the United States Postal Service instead of UPS, it takes much longer. This is very frustrating for buyers who want their packages right away. The shipping costs are already high, we do not need to incur extra shipping charges just to get them in adecent time frame.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Why does it take so long for an item to be received?

I ordered 2 items on the free shipping day...Nov 10 or 11. The estimated delivery date was 11/17.  Thy had not even shipped by then. Now one of the packages is still in CA.  I often wonder why it takes so long for QVC to get packages out. They are a huge company but they always seem to drop the ball on this.  If Amazon can get packages to you in 2 days I can't see why it takes 2 weeks for the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I read another thread here that so e were having problems receiving their items quickly.  I myself have not had any of these problems ,  get my items quickly and by the date that is stated.  Family members are Aldo not having a problem.   Maybe it's just  certain areas .  Maybe ups is taking longer dropping off the packages , that could be as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@missmouse12

@missmouse12 wrote:

I ordered 2 items on the free shipping day...Nov 10 or 11. The estimated delivery date was 11/17.  Thy had not even shipped by then. Now one of the packages is still in CA.  I often wonder why it takes so long for QVC to get packages out. They are a huge company but they always seem to drop the ball on this.  If Amazon can get packages to you in 2 days I can't see

why it takes 2 weeks for the Q.

I ordered from BATH and body works days after ordering from the Q and two days ago received the BB&W, still not the Q.  Oh, free shipping on BB&W.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed this practice since UPS handed their deliveries over to the USPS. This takes FOREVER! I ordered a bronzer and it took almost 10 days to arrive. There is no reason for the items to be sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped. 

Honored Contributor

QVC takes forever to ship.  They have always been that way.  Things are "in process" forever, then they use the slowest shipping method (that SmartPost deal).

Returns take forever to process as well.  It can be weeks before they post your return.  If I make a return to Amazon, my card has been credited before I even get home from making the return.  Email in my box waiting for me.

Honored Contributor

@missmouse12I think at least one reason Amazon's packages come faster than the Q's is that Amazon doesn't make its profit from the packages they ship to us.  they have other ways to make money -  one obviously is the $99 every Prime member pays, so they start with millions and millions of our dollars before they ever ship a thing! 

I assume since they're a few times bigger than QVC (last I looked a few years ago, they were 3 times bigger, but I;m sure it's more now)  but they sure have more leverage with the shippers as well as money to buy their own shipping company!.

I get my packages from the Q faster than many buyers and definitely faster than during my first 10 QVC years.  I don't buy enough during the year to make Prime pay for itself, so I also don't feel the same pain more impatient buyers feel.

Contributor

I'm still waiting for a holiday item that was shipped out on Nov. 6th from Ontario, Canada.  It arrived in NY on the 10th and has been sitting there ever since.  I keep checking every day but so far, nothing.  If I don't have it by the end of next week, I will request a refund.  At the rate we are going, may not get it by Christmas, so would rather have my money back.

Contributor

Just checked on this item today, the day after Thanksgiving.  Ordered 10/30, shipped 11/6, arrived in NY from Canada 11/10, and I still don't have it.  Tracking info shows absolutely no movement since then. This is really outrageous.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just had a battle with the local Post Office this morning. Tracking states it was turn over to USPS. USPS states they tried to deliver on 11/24/17 and left a notice of how to get my package. Now true I live in the country. However I was home all day. No one left a notice at the door nor in the mail box. The man I spoke with was so disgrunted that I thought his words would blow me off the face of the earth. Yet I was calm. After USPS had me to notified UPS to get a PO tracking number or I would not get a package because they may not have it. The lady at UPS ask if they did not have it how could they leave me a notice!! I have found I hate the surepost, and I have advised the Q if that is the way they are sending out now I will have to take my business somewhere else. I should not have to get yell at and treated like a criminal just to get a package!!  After calling USPS back for the second time he ask for my address (when he found out I still had no tracking number for the PO. DUH!!!) I ask him to do it when I first call or I could go by and pick it up. I know people have bad days but it wasn't my best day either.

Today it was left in the mailbox. Go figure!!Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 9.50.44 PM.png

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.