Valued Contributor

Why does it happen-price increase?

Every time the Q has free shipping I peruse my wish list and always several things I had interest in ordering- has increased in price- even clearance items. That annoys me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does it happen-price increase?

@QPrincess  Yep. That's to cover the so-called "free" shipping.

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

Every time the Q has free shipping I peruse my wish list and always several things I had interest in ordering- has increased in price- even clearance items. That annoys me.

I think both you and I know the answer to that.

Respected Contributor

@QPrincess   It's the price you pay for free shipping,

Trusted Contributor

@ HSN also has free shipping today. The item I ordered is the same price when I pay regular shipping. Maybe it's a "Q" thing?

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@ HSN also has free shipping today. The item I ordered is the same price when I pay regular shipping. Maybe it's a "Q" thing?

@LuvmyLab HSN had free shipping yesterday, today it's just some items.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QPrincess wrote:

@QPrincess if the price goes back down within 30 days jsut ask QVC for a credit, they've done it for me before.

Trusted Contributor

Because free shipping isn't really free.  It's just like Milton Friedman said:  "There's no such thing as a free lunch"

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up two items from my wishlist today—one was the same price as yesterday and the other was $2.58 cheaper. I always save quite a bit with free shipping events!

Honored Contributor

A couple of things in my wish list went up by enough that it canceled out the free shipping, so I passed on those.

And one item I wanted (a set of rings) had the color and size I wanted until about ten minutes ago.  It's been like that for weeks now, one minute it's there, the next it isn't and I've been waiting for the price to drop enough.

So literally two minutes ago, the price dropped (by about $4; not enough to matter, but odd) but it's not available.  I figure I'm just not meant to have it.

I did order some Martha Stewart jeans that were mentioned by another poster:  $6.65 in the As Is section.  And thank goodness she gave the item number because no matter how many ways I checked they didn't show up, unless I put the actual number in.  Something is definitely wrong with this website.  (Some of my orders are missing from my account, too.)