Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do you (QVC) continue to try and push inferior products

Agree with OP..........last week read Reviews on that 3 piece kitchen scoop (ice cream - tuna salad)........awful ....handle came broken......handle broke first time used.............half price at local store.

I've checked several items - no Review tells me it's a 'dog'.......or 50% of Reviews say.......junk.  (3 scoop = called junk too.....and G.Z's veggie slicer - junk.

Q has to sell to make money and if it's a small investment - they know you won't bother to return for $6.95.

Honored Contributor

There probably are more bad reviews because those dissatisfied with a product are way more likely to post a negative review.  Those that find something really great might post but the majority who are in the middle thinking a product is  good or ok will not take the time to review.  I know I am like that

Valued Contributor

Once again, a brand new poster with a negative - and once again, you all fall for it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This board is for QVC customers to exchange comments and ideas.  You'll notice there are no posts by Q employees or vendors as they're not permitted to participate.  Keeping that in mind, do you expect a QVC response to your question?

Maybe she hasn't been here long enough to know like you do, but i think you know that. I think it's reasonable to ask a question and one I've wondered about myself too and others have asked the same thing. You can be so helpful and pleasant to others asking assistance so not sure why this is any different. Maybe a bad pain day?

Honored Contributor

@QVCKING I've wondered that myself. But the answer comes down to profit. I don't trust QVC and don't shop here anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCKING wrote:

You ask customers to rate products. A lot get poor reviews but yet you try and push them on us like it's the best.  It looks bad when a 1 and 2 star rating is made to sound great

So very true.   Your complaining makes a lot of sense for some.  But not all.

~Life is short. Don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

New Contributor

And I guess you are a seasoned blogger.  Well lucky you LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Agree with OP..........last week read Reviews on that 3 piece kitchen scoop (ice cream - tuna salad)........awful ....handle came broken......handle broke first time used.............half price at local store.

I've checked several items - no Review tells me it's a 'dog'.......or 50% of Reviews say.......junk.  (3 scoop = called junk too.....and G.Z's veggie slicer - junk.

Q has to sell to make money and if it's a small investment - they know you won't bother to return for $6.95.

@fthunt,  I haven't looked at the G.Z. veggie slicer reviews but I sure wouldn't give mine up.  For me it is anything but junk.

Taking a moment to read some of the one star reviews quite a few complaints sound more like operator error than product deficiency.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I feel actually that many shoppers give reviews on everything they purchase.  Some may just go for the negativity........that being said, after all my years of shopping on here and HSN I've come to this conclusion and it has served me well.    I have a "4" star rule, for me,  if the item is not at least 4 stars, I don't even waste my time. JMO

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I have to admit that I thought that when they were presenting the Fresh Paper for produce and bread which sounded really good but when I looked at reviews there were a lot of one star reviews saying it didn’t work. 

Exactly!